Cisco Aironet Card

LoStMaTt

2[H]4U
So I have this nice Cisco Aironet 340 wireless adapter.

I want to use it for certain purposes.....

Anyways it doesn't have the antenna attached to it on the end so it doesn't really pick up anything.

Cisco340big.jpg

It is missing that top part in the picture.

Anyone know where I can pick up just that part or am I better off just buying another one off of ebay?

Those cards are not designed to be modular. If your are missing the grey epoxy piece that has the activity LEDs, just buy a new one.

I have one of those sitting in my box-o-crap in the basement. Worked fine the last time I used it. PM me if you're interested, I'm not using it.

Those cards are not designed to be modular. If your are missing the grey epoxy piece that has the activity LEDs, just buy a new one.

Plus those are usually designed for desktops. I've tried some of them in laptops with an external antenna and could never get them to show up. They worked fine in the desktops with the adapters.

Just buy a new one. If by certain purposes you mean war driving or wep cracking, you're better off buying something else. they aren't great for either. I know this from personal experience. We have 11 of those you have pictured at my store.

But if you really want one.. $25 and i'll ship you one.

Just buy a new one. If by certain purposes you mean war driving or wep cracking, you're better off buying something else. they aren't great for either. I know this from personal experience. We have 11 of those you have pictured at my store.

What cards do you recommend? :D

First of all... It's not the wisest of ideas to hint at illegal activities and then list a picture of your MAC on the thread..

Good luck trying to get the cisco to do packet injection for any cracking. I gave up on that and went with an orinoco gold atheros(sp?) chipset.

I wrote an article about my frustrations with it here: http://maddhat.com/?p=14 That also lists a good card to go with (the FCC ID). I'd go with that and spend 30$ for an antenna..

My words of advise.. there are serious risks involved with looking around somewhere you shouldn't..and judging by your post it doesn't seem you know the things that can easily get you caught.. We all start off at the beginning, but I just hope you are poking around on your own networks while playing around with sniffing (if that's what you are doing). Just my 2cents ;)

Look here for cards that support packet injection. Its slated for an update eventually:

http://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php?title=HCL:Wireless

I have a proxim Orinico Silver ABG (atheros chipset) that I got to inject packets in backtrack 3. I also have a Buffalo WLI-CB-G54HP that supports it (Broadcom chipset) And supposedly even intel chipsets can do it now (I found some info on google that supports it as well as some info on the backtrack forums), but I havent tested my Intel 3945ABG thats built into my toshiba laptop yet.

Back