Cisco 2960S-24TT-Ls Questions

laserdemon

[H]ard|Gawd
I have been tasked with finding some switches for a class room. I can't seem to find the specs for this exact model for this switch. I don't think they sell it anymore, but I need to find an equivalent.
The minimum specs that the instructor gave me are below.
· 24 port
· 100/1000 MBS speed
· POE
· Full Duplex
· Programmable auto-negotiation
· 802.1pQ capable

I know these are simple specs, but I am worried that if I just buy a switch that's not the equivalent of the 2960s-24TT-Ls, I could be in some trouble.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have to buy 8 of these things.

I did find this with the exact model other than the last letter, anyone know what that denotes?
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6406/prod_models_comparison.html

Last edited:
The last letter (S or E) usually denotes if it is an SMI or Enterprise version. On some platforms there is a hardware difference, some are only software.

Do you need Layer 3 routing?
Do you need optical uplinks?
How much PoE do you need? Every Port? what class/how many watts?

Are all 8 switches in the same spot, or different rooms?

The last letter (S or E) usually denotes if it is an SMI or Enterprise version. On some platforms there is a hardware difference, some are only software.

Do you need Layer 3 routing?
Do you need optical uplinks?
How much PoE do you need? Every Port? what class/how many watts?

Are all 8 switches in the same spot, or different rooms?

Thanks for the info, It's just a class for some VOIP solutions, flat network, wouldn't think I need layer 3 routing, definatly no optical. PoE is a good question, I know I need it but I am not sure of how many ports. I will find that out. I would assume at least half.

Back