Circuit City - Trade in your old crap for CC cash deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBluePill

2[H]4U
http://cc.eztradein.com/cc/

Circuity City is now offering a "EZ Trade in" program for your old electronics and computer stuff for CC gift cards. They have some pretty favorable trade terms for stuff that is less than 5 years old too. Heck, My IPod Mini 4Gb will fetch $75 from there if I wanted to trade it and they are even willing to give me $22 for a 5 year old Digital Camera.

Looks like they take a wide range of gear, so trade in your old crap for some cash.

Here is how it works;

Trade-In center
EZTradeIn.com provides Circuit City customers with a way to trade in used, working, technology products in exchange for a Circuit City Gift Card.

Follow these four simple steps to trade-in your old equipment:

Step 1 -- Select a category below to use the trade-in estimator and receive an instant estimate.
Step 2 -- Register for a Trade-In account and log in to the Trade-In Program.
Step 3 -- Print a prepaid shipping label and ship your items to our trade-in warehouse.
Step 4 -- After receipt and verification of your items, a gift card will be issued per the outlined terms and conditions.

HERE ARE THE TERMS;

TERMS & CONDITIONS AGREEMENT

Please stop and take a few minutes to read this agreement carefully. By participating in this program you assume certain rights and obligations which are outlined below. It is your responsibility, prior to participating in this program, to read this agreement carefully to understand your rights and obligations as specified before accepting its terms and conditions.

This Trade-in Program is operated and maintained by Dealtree Services Inc. (Dealtree).

I agree to the following terms and conditions regarding this offer and the Item being traded in under this offer:

1. I am the sole and proprietary owner free and clear of all encumbrances, of the item bearing the specifications, serial and model number which I have provided ("Item").

2. The Item complies with the Item Requirements associated with the trade-in offer ("offer") described above.

3. The Item specifications, serial number and model number I have provided are accurate and complete in all respects.

4. I am providing the Item to Dealtree and its partners in working order and shall be solely responsible for the arrival condition of the Item at Dealtree's partner facilities.

5. I am solely responsible for all costs associated with the shipment of the Item to (or its return from) Dealtree's partner facilities.

6. I am solely responsible for condition of the Item including any software or other information stored thereon and agree to indemnify and hold Dealtree and its partners harmless from and against any liability associated therewith.

7. Upon receipt and acceptance by Dealtree or its partners in accordance with the Item Requirements and Offer Requirements described above, I hereby transfer all right title and interest in the Item to Dealtree and its partners.

8. I understand and agree that, upon its receipt and acceptance by Dealtree or its partners, all data and software on the Item will be deleted and the Item hard drive sanitized, and that any data or other information stored on the Item will thereafter be unrecoverable.

9. I hereby release Dealtree and its partners from and against any liability arising out of or related to the Item and its shipment and evaluation by Dealtree or its partners.

10. I agree to ship the Item to the address provided within 30 days of accepting the Estimate.

11. I acknowledge that Dealtree may reject or limit the quantity of items to be traded in under the Offer.

12. I agree that all determinations of Dealtree or its partners with respect to trade-in and credit value assigned to the Item after its inspection will be accepted as final.

Dealtree

Six-Month Rating: 3.75
Lifetime Rating: 2.50

I'm not sure if it impacts the EZtradein deal, but it might be something to think about.

Still, they offered $28.22 for a cellphone I paid $.02 for (one of those "we'll give you a free phone to stay under contract" deals).

B. W. said:
Dealtree

Six-Month Rating: 3.75
Lifetime Rating: 2.50

I'm not sure if it impacts the EZtradein deal, but it might be something to think about.

Still, they offered $28.22 for a cellphone I paid $.02 for (one of those "we'll give you a free phone to stay under contract" deals).

Curious.. Considering CC is backing them on this deal though, I do feel pretty good about it.

and just after i donated a bunch of stuff and gave stuff to friends without...

Oh that explains where Dealtree gets all the junk they sell on ebay.
I tried two different things from them, both DOA.
After a bit of arguing and a month later I got my money back.
Spooky company.

My kodak yeilds ^&(*)(

Trade-In Estimate

Point & Shoot Kodak 1.0 to 2.0 Megapixels Megapixel
OPTICAL ZOOM: 3X
CAMERA CONDITION: VERY GOOD CONDITION
EXTERNAL MEDIA INCLUDED WITH CAMERA: No External Memory Card
FLASH: BUILT-IN FLASH
IN THE ORIGINAL RETAIL BOX: NO
ORIGINAL SOFTWARE INCLUDED: NO
BATTERY TYPE REQUIRED: Uses Standard AA or AAA Alakline Battery(s) - Not included
AC ADAPTER / CHARGER: INCLUDED
INSTRUCTIONS / OWNERS MANUAL: INCLUDED
ORIGINAL CABLES OR DOCK: ALL ORIGINAL CABLES INCLUDED
PC CONNECTIVITY: SERIAL PORT
CAMERA FOCUS TYPE: AUTO FOCUS
TELEPHOTO CONVERTERS / LENSES: NONE
Estimated Trade-in Value:
(includes a Prepaid shipping label) No trade-in value

They suck... dont want to take any of my old cell phones. I also tried a 19" Dell CRT in perfect condition and they dont want it :mad:

they offered 200 bucks for my sony laptop that is 6 years old.
no money for 17" vaio crt
no money for a Palm III
no money for a kodak 1.3 mp camera

they did offer some money for some cell phones such as sanyo 7400, 5600,
and even 18 bucks an lg 5350 and 10 bucks for a sanyo 4900.

Its a lukewarm offer at best.

eh, kind of a hastle, but I might give it a try. I have a few cell phones laying around in new condition still with all the cables/boxes/manuals.. they'll give me like 20 bux for each lol. I don't know, it might just be easier to have a garage sale or ebay the items. Or, I might have more fun catching them on fire or smashing them.

for the non educated person yeah this would be good but some of their stuff can be sold for more online.

They are offering me $380 for my Dell PowerEdge SC420.. Thats $150 more than I paid for it..

they are offering me $60 for a sanyo Z2 projector that still goes for $950

-=cypher=- said:
circuit city will give me $210 for my dell 2405fpw.

pffftt
Yea...i noticed they are kinda indifferent about the model...they just go with the specs.

example:
good condition Canon 20D (DSLR) would net you less than a whopping $300

TheBluePill said:
They are offering me $380 for my Dell PowerEdge SC420.. Thats $150 more than I paid for it..

Do you have some crazy beefed-up SC420? I can't get a quote anywhere near that. I would definitely trade mine in for $380.

gr8snakee said:
1gb ipod shuffle like 46.xx

I'll Give ya 50.00 fer it lol.... Wife said same thing.

Personally i will never have anything to do with CC again.

Menelmarar said:
hmm they'll give me $280 for my old IBM R32 in my signature...

They offered me $28 for my old 700 MHz Compaq laptop, with 15-16" screen, DVD-rom drive, 512MB ram, and 20GB hdd.. and non-working battery..

:/

CANON ZR40
CONDITION: GOOD - NO SCRATCHES FULLY FUNCTIONAL
VIDEO FORMAT: MULTI-SYSTEM (NTSC Compatible)
IN THE ORIGINAL BOX: NO
BATTERIES INCLUDED: 1 BATTERY (Working)
AC POWER ADAPTER OR CHARGER INCLUDED: YES (working condtion)
ORIGINAL SOFTWARE INCLUDED: NO - Software Disc is missing or not included
ORIGINAL OWNERS MANUAL INCLUDED: YES
A/V OR DIGITAL CABLES INCLUDED: YES
DIGITAL MEMORY MEDIA INCLUDED: NONE
LENS: BUILT-IN (Not removable)
REMOTE CONTROL: INCLUDED
(includes a Prepaid shipping label) $127.40

Not too bad (from the Egg's link). About time I upgraded the camcorder anyway. :)

BB

PC Desktop
CONDITION: EXCELLENT
MANUFACTURER: White-Box (non-branded)
CPU BRAND: AMD ATHLON 64
CPU SPEED: 1.31 ghz to 1.8 ghz
MEMORY: 1 GB (1024 MB)
TOTAL HARD DRIVE SPACE: 160 GB OR MORE
OPTICAL (CD OR DVD) DRIVES: DVD+RW OR DVD-RW (DVD BURNER) DRIVE
FIREWIRE PORTS: NO FIREWIRE PORTS
USB PORTS: 2 OR MORE USB 2.0 PORTS
OPERATING SYSTEM WITH LICENSE: WINDOWS XP PRO (with O/S install media)
KEYBOARD: STANDARD KEYBOARD
MOUSE / POINTING DEVICE: STANDARD PS/2 MOUSE
MODEM: NO MODEM
NETWORK ADAPTER CARD: 10/100 NETWORK CARD WITH RJ45 CONNECTOR
POWER CORD: INCLUDED
GRAPHICS / DISPLAY CARD: 128MB UPGRADED VIDEO CARD
INTEGRATED MONITOR
(NOT A STAND ALONE MONITOR): INTEGRATED CRT (TUBE TYPE) MONITOR
(includes a Prepaid shipping label) $176.64

:p :p :p The system I have put about $2000 into over the years will sell for 176.64.

Screw this site!

My $260 Samsung 19 inch CRT has no trade in value either.

Trade-In Estimate
PC Desktop
CONDITION: EXCELLENT
MANUFACTURER: White-Box (non-branded)
CPU BRAND: AMD ATHLON 64
CPU SPEED: 2.01 ghz to 2.5 ghz
MEMORY: 1 GB (1024 MB)
TOTAL HARD DRIVE SPACE: 160 GB OR MORE
OPTICAL (CD OR DVD) DRIVES: 2 DRIVES: DVD-RW AND CD-RW
FIREWIRE PORTS: NO FIREWIRE PORTS
USB PORTS: 2 OR MORE USB 2.0 PORTS
OPERATING SYSTEM WITH LICENSE: NO O/S INCLUDED
KEYBOARD: STANDARD KEYBOARD
MOUSE / POINTING DEVICE: STANDARD PS/2 MOUSE
MODEM: 56K MODEM
NETWORK ADAPTER CARD: 10/100 NETWORK CARD WITH RJ45 CONNECTOR
POWER CORD: INCLUDED
GRAPHICS / DISPLAY CARD: 256MB OR MORE UPGRADED CARD
INTEGRATED MONITOR
(NOT A STAND ALONE MONITOR): NO BUILT-IN MONITOR
(includes a Prepaid shipping label) $221.44

Trade-In Estimate
MONITOR
MONITOR TYPE: LCD (LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY) - FLAT PANEL
MONITOR PANEL SIZE : 19 inch
BRAND: OTHER BRAND
AC ADAPTER / POWER CORD INCLUDED: INCLUDED
VGA INPUT: YES
DVI INPUT (DIGITAL VIDEO): YES
COMPATIBILITY: PC
VIDEO CABLES INCLUDED: YES
CONDITION : EXCELLENT
(includes a Prepaid shipping label) $141.10

At least they'll buy it from me :)

wow, they are offering quite a bit for my POS jvc digital camcorder I bought 7 years ago that is about to bite the dust.... *ponders*

better capture the rest of these tapes and then send it off -- hot!! for me anyways :) -- i could use a new camcorder... HD preferably :)

// alan j

this is great. I was about to throw out alot of useless crap. now I can send in my crap for some potentially useful CC gift cards. :)

Who is forkin over the money for shipping? Might not be so hot if all the money they give you goes to shipping it to them.

Guys, think about it. Who'd pay you anything for a monster CRT, and then pay to have it shipped to them? -And then expect som goob to buy it on eBay and pay to ship it again?

Gilthanis said:
Who is forkin over the money for shipping? Might not be so hot if all the money they give you goes to shipping it to them.

Their Site says that they include a Pre-Paid Shipping Label for every item.

Looks like you would have to find the box

I sure would like to hear a report of someone actually trying this. I especially like the newegg version of this. My $104 for this crappy server will strech a lot further at newegg than it will at CC.

Sould put that newegg link in the OP and title.

I'd get about half for the iBook I bought last August. $612.18 that's about half to get a new MacBook.

Gotta try this out for Newegg, since I buy umpteen amounts from them. Can get awesome $$ value for my Poweredge 600SC, only ~$40 less than what I paid for it a few years ago! (after rebates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back