Circuit City Huntsville Alabama Fiasco

slats

[H]ard|Gawd
Arrived at 10:00 am when they opened to about 100 people and the lame ass liquidator had removed the prices from everything and only repriced the laptops. It as such a cluster f%ck. Everything else was priced regularly. Perhaps I'll attempt again Monday afternoon.

LOL.. that sucks man. I heard everything went back to retail.. then they will start doing Percentage discounts as the time goes on. So there are probably no hot deals for a while.

Yeah I am thinking in March will be the best time to start checking... right now the prices will be at retail or above.

these liquidators are always scam artists. They remove the tags, then put on new "old" tags, and then take a "big" percentage off of the new fake price.

You have awhile before anything will be decent enough to buy.

these liquidators are always scam artists. They remove the tags, then put on new "old" tags, and then take a "big" percentage off of the new fake price.

The sad thing is it works on most people.

It was a JOKE here in Reno too, Sale prices from weds ad in the paper and they are not honoring that price even if the signs are still up. I say BYE BYE CC I can see why your on your way out :D

at my CC, everrything is upto 30% off, 10% of on other regularly priced items

woah another Huntsville [H] User. Im from HSV too... Yeah usually liquidation sales are huge scams. All the prices magically jacked up...

i thought i was in for a good deal on at 24" Samsung. For local pricing it wasn't bad though at 299, just not hot. I believe I'll go to Costco and the 28" Hans monitor for 350. Oh well. Good luck to all.

Haven't been to a CC for a deal, and I won't most likely.

Years ago I worked at a store that had a suspicious fire. Everything in the stock rooms, show rooms had smoke damage. Nothing was burned or wet from the fire department. The insurance company took everything, gave the owner a check for the damaged stock. He then bought the merch back for around 20% of retail (illegal as far as I know). Next he moved it all to the building next door that he owned and had a "fire sale". He actually sold almost everything for more than retail by telling every single customer that he was losing his ass giving the stuff away. He was able to completely rebuild off insurance, then build a new building for his other location.

Retailers, and liquidators live by the saying "there's a sucker born every minute". They know that there is a large percent of the population that just needs to be told they're getting a good deal and they open their wallets.

What you all have to understand is that going out of business is always good for business. When the liquidators come....they bring certain stock with them.....these said stock are placed throughout the store and a pretty deep discounts. However these said items are cheap and are sold at rock bottom prices to blend and deceive you into thinking that you are getting nice deals throughout the store. The real trick is regular store items are marked up....just to be marked down at near or even regular prices.....i.e an item that is regularly priced for 5 is marked up on the label then brought back down to like $4.50.

So when many average consumers sees the "brought in deep discounted items" scattered throughout the store they barely notice that the regular store items are at or just below retail.

One in TX near DFW airport (Southlake) on Saturday was a madhouse. The whole place smelled like bad BO, jam packed full of frantic smelly morons who seemed to think they were getting great deals on something.

52 1080p LCD TVs were $2300+ on "sale" price (same TV @ Costco $1500-$1700.) 32in LCD TVs were $800 sale priced (ie. not 10% off.) Everything in the store NOT marked sale or clearance was 10% off so you could buy XBox 360 games for $54 instead of $60. Woohoo.

Hmm, I was going to go to that store tomorrow just to see if I could find anything good. Guess I will be skipping that stop.

Yea I'm an employee at CC, but def is a hold if your looking for deals. Nothing great, slimeball liquidators are taking anything that was on sale off of sale THEN taking 10% off. The prices now are no where near close to how the normal CC weekly sale prices were, and def not even close to black friday prices. Hold off for a couple weeks till prices go to 20-30% off, much less selection, but better chance of finding a gem.

I won't go back after they pulled that on me the other day, I say good riddance CC.......

When the CCs went out of business in Akron OH the sign in the window said 10%-30% off and the place was packed. People were buying stuff that you could buy $5-$10 cheaper across the street at BB which is 20% higher than you can buy it from Microcenter or Newegg even with shipping. Yikes!

Here in San Antonio, they had a big stack of Playstation 3 80GB (the plain version) that said "Liquidation Special! $399" Thats the normal price!

ROFL!

Here in NY, it was very funny.

Went Saturday night, place was full (First time I EVER saw that circuit city having a full parking lot)

Nothing good, NOTHING!

Soccer moms buying $30 wireless guitars for the Wii.

The line was honestly a mile long.

Complete waste of time, last time I am ever going to a circuit city "liquidation sale"

Everything was full price :)

Back