Church audio

Red Squirrel

[H]F Junkie
Figured this might be a good spot to ask this question. Long story short, I'm looking at sourcing out a brand new audio system for our church as our stuff got stolen (who steals from a Church? :()

Figured may as well do this right and use separate components (or is it better to go integrated?). I'm thinking:

- Mixer that is not amplified
- separate amplifier(s)
- separate equalizer? (none of the mixer/amps seem to have it when buying separate)
- some kind of way to distribute audio to multiple speakers?

Speaker wise we have a left and right, and centre. We also have a couple smaller speakers throughout other areas so people outside auditorium can listen on too. We also need output for recording but most mixers seem to have that already so that's not a problem.

Typically we mostly need to mix microphones, but also cd player, computer, guitars etc.

For the 3 main speakers, I want the centre one to just be the left and right channels combined, same with the other speakers throughout, while the left/right remain as left/right. What's the best way to achieve this?

Overall, I'm open for other recommendations on making this a decent system. I never had to source something out like this before so doing research as I go. I will have to check the ohms of our speakers as well so I get a proper amp. Don't have a budget yet, mostly just looking at what's out there and different configurations. I'm in Canada, so I want to buy from a Canadian retail site.

Check out pawn shops - they usually have a lot of cheap used PA gear. You may get lucky and find what was stolen in the first place.

A basic mixer + amp will get you started, and you can expand from there.

budget? Behringer x32 rack is an excellent fixed install mixer and you can control it from an ios/android/windows/mac device

Back