Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Safari

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mccaula718

Gawd
What's everyone's opinion on chrome and how it stacks up to the competition?

I personally like the design of the browser. The tabs on top is simpler to me. The fact that only tabs, not the entire browser, really appeals to me. Firefox crashes at least once a day for me.

That being said, i have a couple of problems with it. I don't like how you can't set it up where the cookies and browsing history are automatically erased when you close the browser. Chrome has the 'incognito' option,which imo, is annoying to have to click all the time.

I couldn't vote best browser for something that has only been out for two days, and still in it's very early stages...

there is no best browser for me, i use ie for compatibility and opera for speed. i'm testing out chrome right now and it seems pretty darn good for being it's first beta and it's only going to get better.

So far I like Chrome, but Firefox is superior, IMO. Hopefully Chrome will have add-ons soon.

I also like Chrome- but I will use Firefox until they fix a few things in Chrome.
Stopped using IE years ago.

Opera all the way for me.. I run it under Linux, and WindowsXP. The widgets are cool also..

Firefox for a couple years now. I only use IE at work since its government and the man doesnt know shit about security when it comes to programs most of the time. I personally think firefox is more secure than IE but thats me.
I will try out Chrome, did not about it till now.
Only other time I use IE is when I am using netflix at home on my HTPC or if I want to save a flash file or FLV that doesnt have a save function.

I tried Chrome for 5 minutes and went back to Firefox. Seems decent, but Firefox has a better UI, the Awesome Bar works much better, and I can't live without my FF extensions. Chrome definitely has a ways to go before it can be considered up there with Firefox.

Back