Chrome Security Hole?

Jakalwarrior

2[H]4U
I can't verify it but just regular browsing on my regular sites I managed to catch that fake.av crap. Didn't click on any strange links or go anywhere risky (am at work). Dunno which site it was, but it made its way through the most up to date version of chrome without me noticing.

Are you actually getting the infection? or is it just popping up trying to tell you have "malware"?

Had it running as a service, in the system tray, in my registry and startup list. Made me go WTF how did that get installed all on its own without so much as a pop up or anything. Been using chrome exclusively. Just use outlook for the calendar. Email is through gmail and no attachments ever. Just business receipts etc..

Symantec didn't pick it up. Restarted and hit crtl alt delete before it could load so I killed the process as it was loading. Spybot picked it up and deleted it BUT it was there again on the next reboot. Followed the startup menu information to its folder and deleted it, removed registry keys etc.. manually. Turned off system restore, the norm. I "think" its gone now.

Back