Chrome crashing when typing in a URL

DeaconFrost

[H]F Junkie
We're having an issue across several computers. When we type in certain URLs into Chrome's address bar, Chrome closes. No errors or warnings. If we Google the site name and click a link, it works. I can give two examples that close Chrome every single time.

tdbank.com
septa.org

Does this happen for anyone else? I've tried several computers, with no or differing accounts, and I can repeat it on each.

i am thinking you try reinstalling chrome, and see if we are facing the same issue again

I've done that. Even thought it had to do with our config somehow, but my home tower, no relation to our corporate network is doing the same thing.

We've been able to trace it to our Trend Micro OfficeScan product. Disable it, and Chrome works fine. Repeated on a dozen computers. I have a ticket open with them, since adding Chrome's folder and .exe to the Exception List didn't change a thing.

No, but that was resolved with an update to Chrome 76. I think I had borked the install on the home tower by troubleshooting, disabling add-ins, and any other "fix" I came across with random web searches.

Back