• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Christmas $$$$$$ question

HurtMeP1nty007

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
505
ok here it is

Dell 2405 monitor VS 2 7800gt's and 1 viewsonic 19' monitor

I do ALOT of gaming and was wondering what you all thought would be a better purchase for me to make. My current setup is in my sig. I am using an old 19inch viewsonic monitor right now and it is fading on me fast, lots of ghosting and just basically it is dying day by day.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
 
I'd go with option #2. That is, 2 7800GT's and a 19" LCD. I think you'd get more benefit from the dual GPU's then you would from a bigger monitor. And besides, you'd need something more powerful than a 6800GT to run most games on the Dell at it's native resolution.
 
For me, I'd go SLI over the massive resolution. I have to assume that you're more interested in gaming to begin with if this is even a concern, though, because if you need the productivity you'd already have the Dell, or at least the decision--Right? And if you're really in need of some desktop space, dual displays work a little better on SLI, at least for how I used them. Plus there's no way to beat the volume multiple monitors have to offer, no matter how cinematic the display.
 
Thanks for the input, I think I am gonna go with the dual 7800's and the 19' monitor. I can always upgrade to the 2405 later when the price goes down.
 
Back
Top