• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Christmas Newegg Troubles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

melomania

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
266
Okay, I gave my Christmas list to my dad with the items I wanted. The two items from Newegg included the Viewsonic VA1912WB 19' Widescreen LCD and Logitech X-530 speakers.

Well when we got home from the dentist today, he went upstairs to the front door and grabbed the boxes and stashed away really quick.

After he left for the store he called me and told me he recieved them (even though I knew) and said that one of the boxes was soaked from a snow/water mix! :confused: He asked me what he should do.

Call newegg? Call fedex? I don't want to open a non-working gift on christmas morning!
 
sounds like a fed ex issue, newegg didn't leave the box on your doorstep in the poring rain or snow, but then again you need to know if it works first before doing anything.
 
Actually, come to find out it was shipped by UPS. My dad is calling them to tell them the condition of the packages when recieved and that they are christmas presents to be opened on christmas day. We can notify them if any of the electronics do not work.

This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. This douche bag put it on our front porch, where a small puddle stands and water drips down onto the front step. Today some of the snow was melting, so it was CLEARLY OBVIOUS that the packages were getting wet as soon as you set them down.

Thankfully, newegg packages each item in plastic wrap and I can only hope for the best.

And to the douche that left the packages, if I open up my electronics on christmas day and ONE OF THEM does not work, may god have enough mercy so that you may keep your job or at the least your route. I am going to flag down the scumbag and let him know what is up this holiday season! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:


Seriously guys, UPS can go s**k a f**k.
 
I haven't heard anything but bad news about UPS. But really, I wish I had parents who would spend friggin' 400 bucks on a present for me.
 
Tell your father to file a complaint against the driver with UPS. Even go as far as suggesting getting his lawyer involved, eventhough he may not have one.

If nothing else it starts to build a complaint history on that driver. So if he does it again, you have better standing in an additional complaint and any legal action if possible.

Also, tell NewEgg about it. If they keep getting complaints about UPS and if you threaten to take your business elsewhere, they will start to notice.

I have been through 5 UPS drivers. 3 no longer work for them. :D


That and more reasons are why my last order from NewEgg gets here tomorrow. Via FedEx ofcourse.
 
I believe NewEgg has so far had an outstanding record with me. But this has indeed put a shadow over my christmas cheer.

Imagine your parents receiving your presents in a water drenched box and they say "well we'd rather not have you test them, because it would ruin the 'surprise, so we will file a complaint and you can find out if they work on christmas, THEN we will send them back for new ones.'

Dude, I don't know about you, but that would be a shitty christmas. I mean all the guy had to do is keep em an extra day and leave a note, or put them in a dry safe place. I am almost convinced that this guy has an extra chromosome.

I try to be easy going, and take things as they come, but you F**K with my christmas, and I will do all in my power to make your life a holiday hell.

Maybe I should become a plumber or something so I can 'fix' this guys pipes and let his basement fill with water and freeze.

Merry Christmas UPS
 
All the drivers are required to carry large plastic bags when it has snowed, is snowing, or is raining, or is going to rain. Doesn't mean they do or if they do, doesn't mean they use them.

I hate UPS more than anyone ever will. I spit everytime I see a UPS driver.

If I weren't so scared of going to jail ( I have a young face ), I would physically beat the crud out of the drivers that I have had to deal with.
 
I have never been pissed like this. I am coming home STRAIGHT from work, and I am going to be looking out my window waiting on him to go by, and when he does, Melomania and Mr. UPS are going to have a chat.

I would like to hope that this ordeal is settled before the 25th.

Do you think that if UPS senses how angered we are they will just have a UPS driver pick up our package without us testing it? That would do just fine, but if we must make sure they work, even though we tell them that it is a christmas gift, then I may be stuck. I am not sure my parents will let me get out the gifts and test them.

Opinions?
 
i feel your rage with ups too. i have never had so much trouble with a shipping company till the last incident i had. i ordered a yahoo dsl package and ups was supposed to send me the dsl modem. i missed all three attempts which i admit was my fault. even though i did change a delivery date once, they still made an attempt where i was not in my apt.... so i went to pick it up and they said they could not find it. ended up putting a tracer on it and i had to wait 8 days. later ups claims a tracer was never put on the package. i felt sorry for this operator as i went crazy on her with bad remarks about her company. in the end the company had to send a second unit which i finalyl received after repeatedly telling ups send it at night, night, night.

as for the ups driver picking up the package, i don't believe they will. i think you'll have to head on down to the storage facilty (place to pick up packages) and deal with them face to face. i know i did when they lost my package. their phone service is horrible.
 
Yup, face to face is somthing they don't like, cause they can't hang up on a face. :D
 
Pops is giving them a call about right now. Can't wait to hear what they say when I get home from school in about an hour.
 
The complaint was filed and noted. As far as my hardware goes, we opened up the Logitech X-530's and they appeared to be dry and undamaged.


Well see if everything works on Christmas day. lol.
 
I have never had a UPS driver knock on my door or ring my doorbell, they come like thieves in the nite and leave your stuff on the pourch, one day I was waiting for my PSU, pouring rain out and I knew it was ocming by UPS so I sat and watched TV all day listening for it, around 3 my mom comes home and is like there was this box in front of the door. Its rediculus.


Fedex they always knock and are courteous.
 
UPS guys in Raleigh are great. Fedex is usually 12-24 hours faster, but the UPS drivers are polite, have left stuff on our porch in well sealed plastic bags in the rain, etc. The only complaint is that UPS usually doesn't come until 7PM!
 
I hate how UPS tracking always says out for delivery at 5am when I never get to see the package before sunset.
 
Other than the fact that one of the items ordered was a monitor, this thread has nothing to do with displays. We don't offer vendor or shipper support. You should contact them directly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top