Christmas Lists

randyc

Best Person
Who has one?

I posted this in Genmay, and thought I'd post it out here too just to get a wider response of whats going tobe popular or handy to have this year.

-randyc

1 BFG 6800 GT
2 512MB Dual Channel PC3500 OCZ DDR
1 P4 3.2 E
1 Thermaltake Pipe101 HS
1 90mm fan for said heatsink
1 12 gram tube of AS 5

I already have HD's, Mobo and DVD drives, so I'm set. Is OCZ a good idea, or should I go with something else. I've heard some good things about OCZ, just want to check w/ you guys first.

AMD Athlon64 3000+
ATi Radeon 9800

19" Flat Screen CRT

Thats all I can reaallly think of right now... Hopefully "Santa" will bring me something nice... :D :p

Since I just got my Dell 2100FP, I'd have to say anything that gets me closer to an SLI system. However, since my family doesn't know jack about hardware I am at a lost at what to ask for. They are anti-gift certificates as well :(

[Tripod]MajorPayne said:
1 BFG 6800 GT
2 512MB Dual Channel PC3500 OCZ DDR
1 P4 3.2 E
1 Thermaltake Pipe101 HS
1 90mm fan for said heatsink
1 12 gram tube of AS 5

I already have HD's, Mobo and DVD drives, so I'm set. Is OCZ a good idea, or should I go with something else. I've heard some good things about OCZ, just want to check w/ you guys first.

OCZ EL platinum rev. 2, 3200@2-2-2-5, overclocks really well, so i herd, about $270

I just want to fix the problem I've been having (posted in a diff thread). I'll probably just replace the IDE cables for general purposes while I'm doing the complete rebuild. Other than that, I'm kinda curious about the higher-resolution mice that are out nowadays so I may take a look at one of those.

Hmmm lets see... I want a pony.... :p

I want a 6600GT AGP and some Godiva chocolate and then CHristmas will be nice :D

i can't believe you people have the balls to ask your parents for in some instances 600 dollar items. i ask for like a dvd and a pair of batteries every year.

Heh, not everyone has to get gifts through their parents you know :p Personally, I might splurge big time if i can find a really sweet deal of that dell 20.1 LCD. 2005 is gonna be one hella year for gaming.

i'm thinking either:

x800 Pro VIVO

or

A64 3200+ socket 939
ASUS A8V Deluxe

hm...i'm thinking the first one, as it is a better upgrade and i can still use my waterblock...unless anyone has a reason to get the proc instead? see my sig for comp. stats

1. Logitech z-680's
2. Audigy 2 ZS
3. Halo 2
4. Half-life 2
5. Logitech MX510 Performance Mouse
6. Ghost Recon 2
7. My Sisters [H]ardRoom
8. Queen-Size Bed
9. New Desk
10. Free Time :p

My p-rants christmas is about $300... :(

1 6800 GT pci-e (get the other one later)
sli mobo (not sure on which yet, but the dfi looks damn nice)
3400+ or 3500+ cpu

Qwertyman said:
i can't believe you people have the balls to ask your parents for in some instances 600 dollar items. i ask for like a dvd and a pair of batteries every year.

I have grandparents, too. One of them happens to give a hefty check every Christmas. My parents are probably going to pick up the chip or the RAM, then one Grandparent will get the other item, and I can get the 6800 with money accrued from lots of small gifts and I have money for the HS and extras now.

I am hoping I can get together enough after christmas to get a Palm Tungsten E 32mb PDA, a carrying case (hopefully one that clips on my belt like those cell phone cases) and some screen protectors and i'll be a happy camper. I really want to get a PDA, it's a pain having to crack open my laptop every time I need to check on something or add something.

Sennheiser HD650s and a Woo Audio 3 amp.

But I'll probably get a little cash and some Walmart clothes again this year. *sigh* More walmart returns...

The 16x Plextor DVD burner w/ dual layer support that isn't actually available yet & a new watch.

17" Sony LCD
Two 6600GT's SLI
3200+ s939
A motherboard for all this
And a partridge in a pear tree...

;)

Sony Ericsson T637
New 21 or 19" LCD
Nothing really to upgrade in my comp
So just really cash.

i dont really have a list going, i guess i should get one together if i want to get anything ;)

from XSNiper...

"7. My Sisters [H]ardRoom"

????????????????......

to top it off, it's followed by....

"8. Queen-Size Bed"

again, ????????????

pics might be in order here

hehehe... hope to be getting a REAL computer instead of this dinky lappy...

maingear x-cube 2.5 sff, specs as follows:
athlon64 3400+
512mb ocz gaming ram
160gb wd caviar se hdd
sony 48x/24x/48x/16x cd-rw/dvd-rom combo drive
flash card reader
logitech cordless mx duo kbd/mouse

floppy drive to replace flash card reader (sorry... just don't like them readers)

15" flatscreen lcd (cheapest i can buy that's still worth something... reccomendations?)

10/100 ethernet card (so that i can use the thing with my college's non-gigabit ethernet lan)

w00t!!!

zandor said:
The 16x Plextor DVD burner w/ dual layer support that isn't actually available yet & a new watch.
Actually, I just got this burner yesterday at BB if you are talking about the 716A. With $30 mail in came to $109+tax. It's SWEET! :D

ummm lets see
Pentium 4c 3ghz
Half life 2
Audigy 2zs
New 17" crt monitor (mine is making funky noises atm)

#1) my girlfriend living with me for christmas. I cant wait, Ill be the happiest girl on the planet, She's sposed to be moving in before the end of the month!

#2) my SCSI stuff in my FS/FT to sell so I can get me and her computer upgrades and pay off the deposits to the house and eat more then ramen noodles for christmas... im renting a tiny little house, my first ever house! deposits for utilities, and the house itself... killing me...

#3) various computer parts for me and my girlfriend... outdated list here...
EnlightEN-7250-AKZ black midtower case with prescott airguide and 300 watt psu
Chaintech 7JNL1 socket A motherboard
Kingston HyperX dual 256MB LL PC3200 DIMMS
Alpha S-PAL8055F Heatsink
Western Digital SATA 7200 RPM 8MB buffer 200GB Hard Drive
2x refurbished 21" sony trinitron tube monitor max res 1920x1440
AMD Sempron 2400+ Processor
4x SUNON 80mm Ball Bearing Case fan, Model "KD1208PTB2"
Mitsumi Black 1.44MB 3.5inch Floppy Disk Drive, Model D359M3D/D359M3B
KEY TRONIC KT800PS2BUS-C Keyboard PS/2 104keys
TOSHIBA 16X Black DVD±RW Internal Drive , Model SD-R5372
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 NX External USB Sound System, Model "SB0300"

#4) PIII 500 or higher refurb toshiba lappy (for me)
new battery for it
DVDROM/CDRW combo (newegg sells them for lappys new)
hard drive 40GB+
wireless G adapter

#5) PIII 500 or higher refurb toshiba lappy (for girlfriend)
new battery for it
DVDROM/CDRW combo (newegg sells them for lappys new)
hard drive 40GB+
wireless G adapter

#1 And only Main Computer want for Christmas is!!!

Broadband!!!

but.... Between dsl and cable servies.... I'm forked :-(

I must return to the net ghetto now :(

I'm hoping for...

A 20gb iPod 4th Generation
HalfLife 2
My parents have agreed to pay for my university applications at: Dalhousie, St. Francis Xavier, McGill, Waterloo, University of New Brunswick at Fredericton, and maybe Queen's. (They're all in the extreme Eastern portion of Canada where I live, or Ontario).

That's all I want, but I figure I'll treat myself to a 6800GT fairly soon, hoping to see prices drop a bit after the Christmas "jack up". They're currently around $540 Canadian on NCIX.com, if they dropped to $430 or $450 that would be great.

1. Aqua-computer
2. FX-55
3. NF4
4. 2x 6800U SLI
5. A PSU won't melt when it sees 1-4.

wigs1979 said:
Actually, I just got this burner yesterday at BB if you are talking about the 716A. With $30 mail in came to $109+tax. It's SWEET! :D
No wonder my parents said they were having good luck finding things on my list. :) I just hope they remembered to get beige...
Now I just need to watch the hot deals forum to find a nice LCD for dad & figure out what the hell I'm getting mom. (Why are moms such a PITA to shop for?) I think I'll get her some of the uber-fancy coffee from the place down the street, but I gotta get something else too.

Really the only thing computer related I want is either an X800 or maybe a gig of OCZ

new computer desk
logitech elite
kensington pilotmouse optical pro
new light
samsung lcd
new speakers
HP zd8000 (btw, if anyones interested, HP zd7000, fairly loaded, is for sale. just contact me ;) )
dvd burner
new pc for downstairs
money
ipod

(of course, either im buying it, or im not getting it. maybe the first six or seven i'll get w/in the next 4 months, but im buying it all) :(

if anyone wants to donate to the poor geeks fund, send me an email saying youre willing to donate money and i can give you contact info :)

Back