Choppy Video/DVD play back in Vista

RangerXML

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone else get choppy video/DVD play in Vista. It was worste while I was using Nvidia 100.64 drivers, I then install 97.54. Atleast I can watch video files now (still shudders every now and again), but DVDs are still just about unwatchable. Luckly I dual boot with XP (smooth all the way), but still bugs not to be able to watch movies on Vista (had the same problem, before I reinstalled it). Right now all I can use Vista for is gadgets, Word, music and the web, not what you'd expect from the revolutionary OS.

Toshiba Satellite Notebook
P105-S9337
Core 2 Duo T7200
2GB
geForece Go 7900GS (97.54)
Vista Home Pre.
WinDVD (from Toshiba restor/drive disc)

Try downloading a 30 day Eval of Power DVD7 from Cyberlink. Works great with my Vista RC2 5744 :D

Hdtv and blue ray content i suggest you use windvd or powerdvd * THE LATEST VERSION !!!!!

Everything else such as anime etc, use media player classic.

The codecs i use are CCCP Beta latest codecs. It's a good codec pack that lets you play anything literaly.

Enjoy ;)

ps: i'm using vista 64 bit ultimate.

I love media player classic, but with 100.64 it turns off areo while using it and was choppy until I switched back to 97.54. Is there an upgrade from PowerDVD 6 to 7?

Well try 100.65 as they should be WHQL certified drivers. I would hope it would be more stable.

(my system will now come back from a monitor off state so that part is solid.)

You mean the Black screen of death, they fixed it with 100.65?

I have a similar problem. Instead of choppy video i get a studder about half way of any movie, show, clip anything that is being played back.

Hmm, I thought the same thing when I was playing a youtube video yesterday. I'll have to investigate further. I thought it might be caused by Windows defender always running in the background or AVG antivirus. I noticed when playing pandora.com in Vista and IE7 I was getting some interference in the music when using another web page.

Back