choosing the right GBIC and fiber for an HP v1910-48G and Dlink dgs-1248t?

markm75

Gawd
We are looking to get this HP v1910-48G at our business.. to add to the mix of switches we already have...

As of now i dont use GBIC on any of the switches we have.. so i wanted to get a GBIC interconnect for this one (and for the other switches as well, which are dlinks and a dell)..

All of the switches are close together.. within 3 feet total max distance..

I'm not well versed on fiber and types.. but i think this module should work? (HP Mini-GBIC SX-LC).. where i think SX means short distance?

And this cable? a 1M multimode duplex LC to LC?

Seems 1 meter is the shortest you can get as well (considering these switches are on top of each other, all 5-7 of them).

The existing switches are :

An hp V1810-48G (which didnt support spanning tree, but all the others do)..

and 4, Dlink DGS-1248T..

I'm not sure which GBIC modules i'd need for those just yet though.

Thanks for any suggestions

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That should do the trick. Lanshack.com has some good information on fiber as well, and I recommend them for fiber patch cables and other equipment as I've had good luck and customer service with them.

That should do the trick. Lanshack.com has some good information on fiber as well, and I recommend them for fiber patch cables and other equipment as I've had good luck and customer service with them.

Ok, thanks for validation :)

I think for the dlinks this module should work as well

For my other HP, the V1810-48G, it appears the HP module for the V1910 will work too.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back