n00b
I'd like some input on which monitor that I should choose. Here's my info:

Primary uses:
- Gaming (Competitive)
- Videos

Requirements:
- 24"
- Fast response time (<=6ms GTG)
- High viewing angle (Goodbye all TN panels)
- Low input lag (Goodbye Dell 2407WFP)
- Dead pixel return policy (Can be returned with just a single dead pixel)
- 1:1 pixel mapping (full 1080p support)

Possible choices:

BenQ FP241WZ (BenQ has no info on the WZ, just the W) - Can only find FP241W instead of FP241WZ in Canada and even then nobody has dead pixel policies for these. Also, there is some confusion over the product specs for the BenQ FP241W and FP241WZ. Some places list the FP241W with the specs of the FP241WZ. Some have upgraded firmware to support 1:1 pixel mapping and some don't. Some list 6ms response and some list it as 8ms. There are also people here with black out issues on these. All of these issues make these monitors less desirable.

BenQ FP241VW - Sounds like the closest match (even though the stand barely tilts)

BenQ G2400WD - It's a TN panel but it has a 2ms GTG response and is new and supported. I haven't been able to find display models to compare ghosting with 6ms GTG compared to 2ms GTG but if there is a big difference between them then I will consider this TN panel.

I have the HP w2408 and I believe it meets all of the requirements with the exception of viewing angle. That can be touchy, but the stand allows for a lot of tilt to accommodate that. I'm quite happy with it for the price. I've had two and neither had a single dead pixel. They bleed light considerably more than the higher end ones, though. Bang for the buck, though, you can't beat it.

I just ordered the BenQ V2400W for $450 shipped. That's what I chose.:D

Not really a great deal but I wanted a 24" LCD on the cheap and didn't want to order from Newegg so I ordered it from buy.com and they charged me sales tax.:(:(

Anyone else have any opinions?

High viewing angles, and the response times you want, seem to be mutually exclusive features. TN panels don't have great viewing angles, and IPS and S-PVA panels won't have the speeds your looking for. I haven't looked at LCD panels for a few months, but I don't think that's changed.

I went with the LG in my sig and couldn't be happier. As Bonjour43ma said, if you can find one, buy it. Beware, though, that the newer LG's are actually TN panels.

Happy hunting...

I just ordered the BenQ V2400W for $450 shipped. That's what I chose.:D

Not really a great deal but I wanted a 24" LCD on the cheap and didn't want to order from Newegg so I ordered it from buy.com and they charged me sales tax.:(:(

Good choice. 24" size of TN is enogh so that their limited viewing angle is not a big issue. My brother is very happy with G2400W(D) :)

I would suggest the V2400W. It is a TN, but viewing angles aren't an issue. Unless for some reason you like to sit waaaaaay under the screen...

Back