• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Choosing hard drives for RAID5

well depending on what you wanna put out, choose either one.
Go with Seagate for the longer warranty if that makes you more happy.

Overall, you will be happy with either one.:)
 
I know I should probably buy an Seagate ES or WD RE, but price is an issue, and these drives cost $10 more. Thats $30 total. Are they worth it?

IMHO, If you run the machine 24/7, get the enterprise drives. If you turn it on for a few hours at most and it's off the rest of the time, the regular drives are fine. Others will disagree, but I consider the $10/drive to be cheap insurance for a better rated drive.
 
yeah... the box already cost me like $700, might as well spend another $30 to make myself feel a little better. I just googled and heard of a lot of problems with using regular drives in RAID. Arrays "fail" constantly, even if a drive is fine.
 
Back
Top