Choosing an Intel CPU?

Thuzle

n00b
Joined
May 14, 2013
Messages
15
I'm wondering what cpu I should put into the build I'm currently working on. I'm on a budget so the cheapest I can get away with would be great. Max I can go is about 200 USD.

My current build so far:
Maximus V Gene
Sapphire 6950
8 GB DDR3
90GB SSD
AX760

I've been considering the 3570K since the price difference between that and the 2500K is negligable. I was also considering the i5 2300 since it is so cheap. I have overclocked in the past, but in general need a CPU to play games like LoL, Hitman Absolution, Skyrim, Borderlands 2 and other titles from about last year to be playable on a 1920x1080 monitor at good settings. I know that CPU is not the determining factor for this, but wanted to make sure I wouldn't bottleneck anything.
 
The Gene MoBo is always begging for a K series CPU so it can do what it's designed to do, so go with the 3570K...may be a little more than $200 at full retail, but you (and your Gene) will be happy for quite a while, regardless if you have to pay full retail or can snag one from a MC or get one used.
 
I've been running the rig in my sig for 6 months now and I am very happy with it. My prime use is gaming and I have seen no signs of being CPU limited at all. Bang for buck the 3570k is the best buy.
 
Back
Top