Choosing a router - Need USB interface for attached storage device

I was a good boy and read the router rec thread but my question was not addressed. I am looking for a router witha USB port so I can attach a drobo unit to it. I know the airport extreme has this feature and have heard of one linksys router with this tool. My only requirements is that it also have both wired and wireless access so I think I have some good options, but what suggestions do you all have?

be careful about the included usb ports. Some of them are used only for attaching a usb key that the router puts wireless client config data on - not for storage.

Maybe something like this?

I'd make sure you get any firmware updates for it though. Some of the initial reviews of it haven't been, precisely, stellar.

Maybe something like this?

I'd make sure you get any firmware updates for it though. Some of the initial reviews of it haven't been, precisely, stellar.

I was actually looking at that before. "Stability issues" on a OTCounter router? No thanks! lol. My RT314 is great for stability.

I would actually prefer Netgear but I don't mind Apple. Linksys is not usually my first choice.

like the other poster mentioned in some cases its unclear what the USB port is for and newegg doesn't have a search filter (some USB interfaces seem to be for NIC cards or something too?)

why not just get a nas? drobo is a waste of money in my book. but even then i think the new unit has ethernet

why not just get a nas? drobo is a waste of money in my book. but even then i think the new unit has ethernet

the ethernet (droboshare) is bound to connect through the USB port on the drobo, so the bottleneck remains. It's still $199 for that part, but a new airport extreme is like $150.

Back