Choose one, please

magoo

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
14,700
Going to build a new Shuttle box
SP35P2 (Intel P35 chipset)

want the best overclocker from this little group:
e6300,e6420,e6550,e6750

they all cost about the same.....looking to get about 3.1Ghz with the least heat.:eek: the sweet spot may be the 6550????yes,no???:D

object.....surfing,gaming(CS:S,HL2,Webkinz....yeah,yeah it's for my little girl),
TV-DVR.....coupled with an 8800 GT

thanks in advance.
 
I would go for the 6420 I have 4 of them running at 3.2 and temps are never above 55Cfull load 24/7 folding
 
I'd say 6550 or 6750. Higher clocks mean you have to OC it less and probably use less voltage.
 
The 6420 or 6750 would be the best options, because of the higher multiplier. The 6750 should theoretically have more headroom because it's binned higher, but 3.1GHz is a fairly tame overclock for a C2D so either would do.
 
I'd take the 6750.
Highest multi of all you listed, plus G0. 6420 would also be fine if you're going for a lower OC.
 
Back
Top