Choose goose need help

Psycrow

Gawd
Its about time to buy a new gfx card and i have 2 cards on the target.

Gigabyte 1080 G 1 gaming or Asus strix 1080 and we dont talk about the TI versions.
I allready got the maximus ix mobo, so for the lights i should get the asus, but what is your opinion ?

I guess its like choosing between pepsi or coca cola here ?

I have an Asus Strix 1070 and its a really nice card, I would go for that one simply because the software is the same for the motherboard (Aura RGB). Makes it easier to configure.

Its about time to buy a new gfx card and i have 2 cards on the target.

Gigabyte 1080 G 1 gaming or Asus strix 1080 and we dont talk about the TI versions.
I allready got the maximus ix mobo, so for the lights i should get the asus, but what is your opinion ?

I guess its like choosing between pepsi or coca cola here ?

I'm rather skeptical with Gigabyte products, after the debacle with their RX 480 G1 Gaming card.

I have no personal experience with Gigabyte (I've never considered them as friends of mine have had nothing but problems with the brand) so I almost always choose ASUS (yes, I'm biased).

Have only recently used a Gigabyte product so i'm not really able to comment about longevity, I've had no issues with various bits of Asus kit over the years either Mobo or GPU.

Hmm

Gigabyte card has clock 1721 MHz. boost clock 1860 MHz 3 dp 1 hdmi 1 dvi ( Better for 3 screens setup)
and asus strix has clock 1695 MHz boost clock 1835 MHz 2 dp 2 hdmi 1 dvi ( Fancy lights and shared software with mobo)

Not much but they both cost the same here in Denmark

Last edited:
If you want to synchronize the lights between mobo and GPU, then the Asus is the way to go because the software will synchronize that for you.

If you don't care about the lights, I can't offer any opinions, I've used both Asus and Gigabyte mobos in the past but never had the opportunity for GPU, but I'm sure that they're both fine cards.

Any plans for water cooling? I know the Strix has a water block available. Don't think the Gigabyte does.

I have a Gigabyte 1080 G 1. Been nothing but solid. No coil whine and runs at 2050.

Boost for my card is rated somewhere in the 1800s but it boosts when cold to about 2K or just beyond.

Back