• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Choose A Good Case For Me

Hate_Bot

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 23, 2005
Messages
3,334
I Have An $200(CDN, about $162 USD) Budget For A Nice Case. It would help me out if You guys could choose a nice case for me.

Thanks
 
I can get the kingwing for about $10 cheaper. Plus I dont like cases with pre-made windows.

Bah, ll just stick to the Coolermaster Stacker...
 
Hate_Bot said:
I Have An $200(CDN, about $162 USD) Budget For A Nice Case. It would help me out if You guys could choose a nice case for me.

Thanks

I'd look at a Lian Li in that price range, mabye a V1000.
 
Hate_Bot said:
I can get the kingwing for about $10 cheaper. Plus I dont like cases with pre-made windows.

Bah, ll just stick to the Coolermaster Stacker...


Ok, maybe in the original post you could have added the prerequisites. :D
 
I'd go with a lian li case if they had one with the specs I wanted for a decent price, then again you pay for quality.

Antec is next in my boox for quality and their prices aren't too bad.

Lanboy series, or performance series may just be what you're looking for.

In my opinion, the stacker you're looking at is best suited for server use, not an "enthusiast" level gaming rig case in my opinion.

Although my vote would be any company that can put out a all aluminum black mid tower case with 120mm intake and exhaust, side window, slide out motherboard tray and be priced at the magic sub $100 USD level...
 
Well, what is the Best Big Tower Case?

Ye gots your:

YY Cube (2xwide midtower) The old standby - a giant steel cube, the size of two midtowers or slightly larger. Very nice, solid(heavy), but a relatively old design without many bells/whistles. Around $150.

Stacker (1xwide fulltower) Seems like a very nice case, w/ 11x 5.25" slots and no native 3.5" slots - BUT, it comes with "3x4" adapter drivecages to turn 3 of the 5.25" slots into 4 3.5" slots w/ a 120mm fan integrated - a great design IMO. Converts from ATX to reverse-mounted ATX or BTX, has grating all around. Around $150

The PC-70-75 1xwide fulltower line was great, as was its bigger 1.5xwide brother the PC-76 fulltower, but they've been surpassed IMO by the v1x00 and much better, the v2x00 line (I just discovered the v2000/v2100 implements nearly the same thing I came up with as an ideal way of mounting a ton of drives for my acrylic case - I <3 it). Grating all around. The v2000/v2100 can mount 7x 5.25" drives and 12x 3.5" drives simultaneously!

DIY 2xcheapocase - seems relatively easy to make, as you're just chopping up two cases and rebuilding them stronger, better, faster, and twice as wide.

Megatower - hard to find these days, but basically, it's a 3 foot tall or so towercase with >8 5.25" slots IN ADDITION to 3 external 3.5" slots and a standard hard drive cage + fan setup at the bottom.

The traditional categories:
$[best left unsaid] rack case
$200+ doublewide or 1.5wide "server case," typified by wheels and massive amounts of drivespace

I would pick a v2x00, though I have reservations about the paradoxically constricted airflow path (you don't put an obstacle next to an exhaust and expect air to flow to the obstacle). After that, I'd go with a stacker.

-------------

It really does depend on how you're going to use it.
 
Since you're here about the cases, you may also want to visit the power supply section as well because Ultra psu ==CRAP. I wouldn't entrust any of my parts to run off their power supplies.
 
Back
Top