• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Choices....X-Fi models

jflail2 said:
The Gamer should be here tomorrow. Thanks for your input all; learning more by the day ;)

Good Luck!

After playing with several cards, I'd easily buy X-Fi Xtreme Music again. Price to Performance is hard to beat.
 
ballpoint said:
Personally I love my X-Fi Platinum, connected via analogue to a Creative Inspire 5300 amb\sub powering Cambridge Soundworks Four Point Surround with Inspire 5300 centre channel. The live drive is great... no more reaching around behind the PC if I wanna use headphones, etc.

That's good to hear. My platinum should arrive Friday from Amazon ($139 w/$50 rebate!) :cool:
 
I believe the xtreme gamer is hardware accelerated, while the regular audio one is only software accelerated.
 
If I'm correct here, the X-Fi Fatality FPS and the Fatality Pro Gamer are both exactly the same except the FPS has the 5 1/4 inch bay drive. Am I correct? I am considering and upgrade as well, and though I don't want the big external box of the Elite Pro, the next model "down" so to speak would be the Fatality? Could I buy the Pro Gamer and then get the front panel bay later? Or is there some advantage to having the special FPS panel?

Oh, and does anyone know if the X-Fi has decent linux support as of yet? Awhile ago, the Audigy 2 ZS was the last supported Creative card for linux.

Bah. We wouldn't have to go through this if one of the other manufacturers that makes better sound cards could have access to EAX 3+
 
Last I heard Creative was still working on a linux driver for the X-Fi series. Not sure if they released it yet, but there is one in the works.
 
I bought the low profile gamer (70SB073A00000) because it has standard front pannel audio hook up on the card. all the other creative cards do not. You have to deal with moding a plug to fit the special dell plug on the card to get you front pannel jacks hooked up.. and then they dont even work right.
 
Back
Top