• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CHKDSK Freezes

ray4389

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
1,156
On the 3rd step on CHKDSK (both before startup or during general computing) will hang up. I'm not sure if the drive is dead as it's a new 250gb WD HD, or is it just a bad sector? I can't right click and go to properties--it will give me some BS error. What should I do? Any ideas?

BTW windows runs on HD #1 and the problem is with my #2 drive.
 
Ok I finally managed to get passed that step and it said to run it with CHKDSK /F :D to fix the problem. What are your thoughts now?
 
Back
Top