• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ChipSet temperature too high?

Nomikal

Gawd
Joined
Jun 29, 2004
Messages
712
smartguardd.JPG


I think it could be that my video card is right above the chipset on the DFI ultra-D board...
 
Your chipset voltage is too high, thats why. The NF4 chipset is normally good for 300+ HTT even with 1.5 volts, theres no way yours needs 1.77v. Go into your BIOS and lower it, and those temps should drop down nicely.
 
I used to hit 51 on my NB until I added an extra case fan up front... one of my video cards crowds the NB too and that probably contributed.
 
I would have to check voltage, but there is no reason to be above stock. 51c on chipset is acceptable with a 7800 near-by.
 
umm thats not stock voltage for the chipset , should b 1.5

the 7800gt stock cooler also vents the hot air directly on top of the chipset which also causes the chipset fan to spin hard and scream like a banshee
 
I recommend taking the stock plastic casing around the 7800's hs off and throwing a 80mm fan over it. I did that, attached with a zip-tie, some like to screw into hs. Cools 7800 big time and keeps it from blowing hot air directly over chipset.
 
Back
Top