• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Chipset fan replacement

If you've got good air flow and aren't overclocking your system you can unplug the fan and be on your merry way.

Seriously.
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
If you've got good air flow and aren't overclocking your system you can unplug the fan and be on your merry way.

Seriously.
I only have 1 120mm case fan as of now, so that may not be the best bet. I'll take a look at that Zalman heatsink, though. Thanks guys!

BTW, if I haven't changed the chipset voltage at all, it shouldn't be warmer than usual, right? I do have the FSB (or whatever the AMD equivalent is) raised, but that's it.
 
You could get the Swiftech that I have listed in my signature. I love it, and you could probably use it passively if you don't care about the temperature that much.

I use the fan on mine and my temperature is a constant 27oC when idle, and 32oC when gaming. It's awesome. And no no no noise.

It's worth the price. It's high quality and it comes with a tube of arctic ceramique paste, which is like $10 by itself.
 
Back
Top