Chipset fan for IC7-Max 3

madherk

n00b
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
54
Ok, my fan is dead. Abit wants me to rma the motherboard for a 5 dollar fan. This is my only comp so its not a option.

Ive done research and im really diggin the switech one, only draw back is weight, but im not laning as much as I use to. Here are my other options as well as links to the product info. Id really apreciate feed back on your guy's thoughts on these products.

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcx159.asp :D
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-116-005&depa=1 :)
http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?cPath=156_158&products_id=2469 :mad:
http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?products_id=3247 :rolleyes:

not sure if this will work
http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/zm-nb47j.htm :confused:

thanks
--madherk
 
Are you willing to do a little modding?

I think there's a way to get the zalman to mount.

I think there's a way to mount it onto the max3... you can even go passive with it. No fan at all.

Otherwise, you can just strap some other 40mm fan on there with rubber bands or something.
 
Yeah, I have no problem with modding. benefits of having a decent job, I break something I can replace it :) So do you know how to get the zalman to fit on there?
 
yeah that swiftech is sweet, do you have any problems with it being heave?? I read on a few other forums that the bracket where the spring clamps onto breaks under certain situations.


But the swiftech looks great and peforms well. :)
 
Back
Top