Chipset cooling

Besides being ghetto as hell, IMHO No, it wont help.

If you look at the picture, the outside(L and R) are the highest spots on the sink. Basically youd be liquid cooling maybe 1 sq CM of area.

Next think you have to look at, waterblocks have zones inside them, where the intensify and change water flow for maximum cooling on a direct area. This works because this direct area is found around cores, and places of max heat production. Unless you put a huge block on it, youd be contacting the waterblock in the worst possible area for heat transfer.

IMHO its a waste of money, ghetto, and youre not gonna get any real world benefits from it. I sincerely doubt with my NB watercooled, that I'm getting a higher overclock on my processor from it. If it's a must, get in contact with the boys over at dangerden, send them your motherboard, and tell them you want everything watercooled. They will install blocks for everything.

Ok well i havnt recieved the board yet so ill take a look at things when i get it. Already have a NB cooler in my loop so i want to use it. Have to figure out something for the SB and mosfets

Back