• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Chipset block for DFI SLI-DR

THE DOME

n00b
Joined
Aug 13, 2005
Messages
22
Alright, I just started building my new system with a 3700+, DFI nF4 UT SLI-DR, 1 gig of Corsair XMS TCCD mixed with another gig of OCZ Plat. rev. 2 TCC5, 2 eVGA 7800GT's, Danger Den TDX, DD maze 4 gpu low-profile ( and I'm going to use the block on my 6800GT too), and two Hitachi T7K250's. I have ordered everything except the cpu, videocards,HDD's, and the TDX. My question is, what options do I have for a 1/2" ID chipset block will fit with two 7800GT's?
 
If your talking bout the southbridge, read part 1, if the GPU chipset, read part 2.

1) If im not mistaken they're currently developing a block especially for that board cause the chipset sits directly under one of the video cards so it needs a new design.

I wouldnt worry though cause chipset waterblocks on NF4 are pretty much a waste of time and the added impedance in the water loop can actually lower overall performance.

The fan on them is fine, chipset blocks are just fluff cause they no longer act as the memory controller :)

2) Danger den sells either a dual Maze4 GPU block or dual NV-68 block so thats easy.

Nice OC btw.
 
Alright I'll forgo the chipset block. I was just going to buy one low-profile block because the one on my 6800GT is low profile and when I upgrade everything I'm going to take the block off that card and put my NV5 back on and use the 6800GT with a 246 Opteron and Tiger K8W setup that has a Matrox Millennium P750, which needs to be retired.
 
Back
Top