Chipset and mobo compatibility issue

Tenks

n00b
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
44
I was planning on getting a Danger den chipset block for my Epox 865 board, but I noticed that it may not fit, here is a pic of the mobo:

http://mirror.pcstats.com/index.service?FUNCTION=RENDER&TARGET=200309/epox4pda2plus_det2.jpg

notice the way the nb cooler is mounted with the two clips...

and the chipset block:

http://www.dangerden.com/mall/blocks/maze4_chipset.asp

...as you can see, the way the blocks are orientated cannot fit onto the hooks of my mobo. Even though DD has a block to fit 865/875 chipset boards, it still looks like it wouldnt fit because the block has 4 holes vertically, while mine has only 2 clips attached horizontally. I was thinking I can repostion the block so that it would fit horizontally, but then only 2 holes would attach, creating less pressure on the block. And the regular maze4 block looks like it wouldnt be able to fit my board at all..

help :(
 
Back
Top