Chinese Dissident Gets 11 Years in Prison

Yes, you're right in a state like Texas taxes are significantly less than in western europe.

I'm not trying to present a case. I'm saying that we aren't given the whole picture or often simply lied to.

For example, we are told that the American middle class has higher earnings. When that hasn't been true for a long while. Even a more unequal for western eruope (in terms of income distribution) country like the UK has a higher average earnings than the USA (43k dollars vs our 38k).

In western europe the middle class has higher pay, better working conditions (shorter hours, more rights in the work place, paid holidays) and their healthcare isn't tied to their employment.

In the US we have lower taxes and a cheaper cost of living. And I guess we have those "civil rights" you're talking about, but personally I don't value the right to own a gun or a "god hates fags" sign above having so few rights in the workplace (or none in a "right to work" state).

Personally, I think with the natural advantages the US has we should be head and shoulders above Europe. But we aren't and for decades we have been falling behind (our growth figures are some of the most dishonest in the world).

Back