China Turns Big Data Into Big Brother

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by HardOCP News, Dec 1, 2016.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

This story wouldn't be so damn weird (okay, yes it would) if I hadn't just watched Black Mirror on Netflix last night. Could you imagine living in a society that used "social credit" scores? :eek:

Planning documents apparently describe the system as being created to “allow the trustworthy to roam everywhere under heaven while making it hard for the discredited to take a single step.” The Journal claims that the system will at first log “infractions such as fare cheating, jaywalking and violating family-planning rules” but will be expanded in the future—potentially even to Internet activity.

2. Mchart

Mchart 2[H]4U

3. nutzo

nutzo [H]ardness Supreme

If this was in California, they would add infractions such as saying the name Trump or disagreeing with any of the politically correct garbage that passes "thought" out here.

4. KevinSMayfield

KevinSMayfield n00b

I thought I heard about this weeks ago--they're testing it out in one of the rural areas, right?

5. Shotglass01

Shotglass01 [H]ard|Gawd

Finally! I'm sick and tired of carrying all of your dead weight. 2.0 or above or get the hell out of my circle.

6. Risant

Risant Limp Gawd

That episode of Black Mirror actually made me worry... Now my worries are coming true!

7. striker444

striker444 Gawd

basically a FICO score but instead for your life

8. amddragonpc

amddragonpc [H]ard|Gawd

Hmmm, I wonder if one racks up a crappy score, will they be allowed to leave the country. There's no point in staying if one can't utilize any kind of services. (Probably have to walk out of the country.)

9. evilsofa

evilsofa [H]ardForum Junkie

No. China has no problem confiscating the passports of entire regions (Xinjiang has a population larger than the US's third most populated state).

I laugh whenever people talk about how the US has become a police state. They have no freaking idea what a police state is.

10. umeng2002

umeng2002 Gawd

11. /usr/sbin

/usr/sbin Successfully Trolled by Megalith

Coming soon to America... the words "orange", "tiny", and "bankruptcy" will all be removed online without any notice.

12. ZenDragon

ZenDragon [H]ard|Gawd

I saw that Black Mirror episode a couple weeks ago, was the very first thing I thought of when I first saw a headline about this thing. Very weird.