China Targets Internet In Crime Sweep

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Chinese government is cracking down on online games considered overly violent or unhealthy. The government is also targeting unlicensed internet cafés and even going as far as tightening the strings on the legal ones.

The plan will "use the law to attack, investigate and prosecute ... to cleanse the environment in which young people are raised and prevent and reduce juvenile crime and illegal activity," the report said.

for (i=0; i > 0; i ++){
IllegalGameArray ++
LegitimatePurchases --
Piracy ++
}

Seems like a great plan China.

CHOO CHOO, here comes the fail train!

syntax man... SYNTAX

semi-colons[/csteacher]

Eh, JS don't care. I just spent all night programming a JS plugin for samurize.

Syntax be damned, I'm a law student... Programming can go to hell :).

I also failed to declare my variables, use proper indentation and use an optimized for statement structure. Sue me :3

Quote:"The plan will "use the law to attack, investigate and prosecute ... to cleanse the environment in which young people are raised "
Such a typical response from them,these totalitarian governments love "cleansing" things.Especially anything that may encourage free thought or reveal the truth about how they run things.

Although my opinion is no doubt against that of the overwhelming majority, excessive gaming in internet cafes is quickly becoming a serious issue in China. In some cases, it poses significant health risks to the population, both young and old age brackets, that spend large amounts of time seated in front of the computer. There have been many cases where bright students have failed out of school due to poor impulse control and ease of access to these facilities who do not have any restrictions on their patrons. After all, "if they're buyin' it, keep sellin' it to them."

I see this as a stop-gap measure that will hopefully lead to other measures that are more preventive in nature, rather than restrictive.

(perhaps this is just the expatriate sentiment in me talking :p)

Funny, they teach men to be higher valued than women, they beat dogs to death and burn animals alive whenever there is some panic or fear of an outbreak or potential outbreak... they evict people out of their apartments so it can look better for "visitors" for the olympics and build walls around the villages. They impose religous sanctions on everyone and basically tell you what you can do and you can't do...and then they filter the internet....

And they say that games are polluting the kids's mind? LMFAO.

Funny how everyone jumps and points and goes "Thats horrible". But when movements towards this in the US *cough*PatriotAct*cough* so very few people care.

And at the guy who said it was a horrible problem, no it's not. If you can't get up off your ass and stop playing your video games to go to school, your not going to get up off your ass and go to work. People need to grow up. If you can't grow up, if you can't control your own impulses, then your really of no use to society. There are some people who may have a mental health problem, however 99% of people don't and are just lazy. I've been lazy in the past, I've skipped classes, I even failed a class or two because I was lazy. But I woke up and realized that I didn't want to work in a shoe factory for 5$ an hour for the rest of my life. If someone doesn't then they can work at a shoe factory. If they don't like working at a shoe factory, too bad it's thier own fault. The diffrence between a person and an animal is the ability to control your own urges. I for example, would like to slap lazy people up side the head, but I control that urge... well most of the time.:D

The diffrence between a person and an animal is the ability to control your own urges. I for example, would like to slap lazy people up side the head, but I control that urge... well most of the time.:D

That's a myth. The only difference between humans and non-humans are we have an opposing thumb and the ability to reason. Urges are also parts of being human beings.

And what the hell does the Patriot Act have anything to do with it? There's a huge difference between suppressing freedom and happiness and gathering information about a person to prevent crime.

Funny, they teach men to be higher valued than women, they beat dogs to death and burn animals alive whenever there is some panic or fear of an outbreak or potential outbreak... they evict people out of their apartments so it can look better for "visitors" for the olympics and build walls around the villages. They impose religous sanctions on everyone and basically tell you what you can do and you can't do...and then they filter the internet....

And they say that games are polluting the kids's mind? LMFAO.

This is how communist regimes like China will see their downfall. Since they've suppressed anything they deem as good and/or healthy for their slaves, they obviously are targeting anything that makes the minds of those slaves not tarry on their tasks to their masters. So if games are diverting attention away from their duties, well, then the overlords will crack down on games. And this goes for anything the communists deem unsafe or unhealthy.

err come on China... they are trying to "clean up" for the olympics not realizing its dirtying their image... fricken aye when will china stop arresting minorities, stop killing innocent people and persecuting those who seek religion?

it has been 80 years ... come on... this crap has to stop someday right?

they have over 60k internet police... they say internet crime and bad morals by kids are:
using a computer for gaming more than 2 hours a day (and video games)

oh man... what horrible children...we better start the water boarding, forced abortions and forcing monks to sleep with eachother all over again, right china? because thats the solution to their problems.

thats why i dont use yahoo... they aid these bastards in giving sensitive data over to the government about people who are pro-democracy, pro-buddhist, pro-christianity or pro anything that doesn't evolve living the life of a drone.

"but its making our economy better"... long live the rich. china will eat itself to death if they dont change.

fucking communists.

It makes you wonder why all of those people still say we shouldn't trade or have significant diplomatic relations with China. They're such a benign and wonderful communist dictatorship.

People need to grow up. If you can't grow up, if you can't control your own impulses, then your really of no use to society. There are some people who may have a mental health problem, however 99% of people don't and are just lazy. I've been lazy in the past, I've skipped classes, I even failed a class or two because I was lazy. But I woke up and realized that I didn't want to work in a shoe factory for 5$ an hour for the rest of my life. If someone doesn't then they can work at a shoe factory. If they don't like working at a shoe factory, too bad it's their own fault.

This is my mentality.

Typical bureaucracy response to a problem in a totalitarian state. Treat the symptom becuase the cause is state policy.

The reason these people spend so much time jacked in is becuase reality sucks atomic moneky ass (of the people).

Typical bureaucracy response to a problem in a totalitarian state. Treat the symptom becuase the cause is state policy.

The reason these people spend so much time jacked in is becuase reality sucks atomic moneky ass (of the people).

I guess you just described a large amount of people in the US also because we are the biggest internet user.

I live in beijing.

stone age primates regularly hold meeting in propaganda agencies to discuss how they plan to carry out the next round of "strike hard" in an attempt to convince tax-consecrater that they arent just taking bribe all the time while keep in line with ideology set forth by party leaders, that said, I dunt really care about this, similar sh1ts happens all the time, 50% ended up to be just a showoff, another half faced overwhelming resistance and failed miserably. I guess it wouldnt be so different this time.:eek::cool:

Back