China Outlaws Battlefield 4,

Doesn't surprise me one bit given the game content directly involves China.

There's definitely debatable content within the game. Some of it is inflammatory enough to give people ideas...

Their people getting ideas scares the shit out of the Chinese government.

:D well said
It's a shame that Chinese BF players are not able to play a game they purchased.

Last edited:
I thought the Chinese players were all in the server I was in earlier today...........300-500 ping, no kick of course...

There's definitely debatable content within the game. Some of it is inflammatory enough to give people ideas...

Like blowing vehicles several hundred feet into the air so they can land on skyscrapers for better vantage points.

Not something you want your controlled populace doing...

Like blowing vehicles several hundred feet into the air so they can land on skyscrapers for better vantage points.

Not something you want your controlled populace doing...

I was speaking more in terms of SP than MP :)

I have yet to purchase this game or even see it's campaign. What offending content does the campaign feature??

I have yet to purchase this game or even see it's campaign. What offending content does the campaign feature??

BF4 plot:

Dumb stuff happens and some Chinese asshole tries to make some other Chinese dude dead (the now Chinese president or whatever). Said dude totally brought peace and stuff to China and him dying would mean bad things because the death would be blamed on the US or something... so you have to do soldier stuff and make an awful lot of Chinese people who were once living, dead, in order to save the world from the next world war. The Chinese think he's dead, but he's really not because you actually saved him. Then he fell into a coma for a little while or something stupid then he wakes up and some Chinese soldiers see that he's totally still kicking and everything is OK but shit is hitting the fan anyway and you have to kill even more people and sink their big ship by driving a boat and blowing it up before the same happens to your big ship.

So it's got a Chinese guy having the Chinese leader assassinated in order to effectively kick start another world war, and you the player killing a metric fuckload of them to save everything. That's pretty much the gist of the game.

BF4 plot:

Dumb stuff happens and some Chinese asshole tries to make some other Chinese dude dead (the now Chinese president or whatever). Said dude totally brought peace and stuff to China and him dying would mean bad things because the death would be blamed on the US or something... so you have to do soldier stuff and make an awful lot of Chinese people who were once living, dead, in order to save the world from the next world war. The Chinese think he's dead, but he's really not because you actually saved him. Then he fell into a coma for a little while or something stupid then he wakes up and some Chinese soldiers see that he's totally still kicking and everything is OK but shit is hitting the fan anyway and you have to kill even more people and sink their big ship by driving a boat and blowing it up before the same happens to your big ship.

So it's got a Chinese guy having the Chinese leader assassinated in order to effectively kick start another world war, and you the player killing a metric fuckload of them to save everything. That's pretty much the gist of the game.

Couldn't Dice put this on the back of all copies of their Battlefield series and avoid making another SP campaign? God damn that was poetic

China has the right idea, now if all countries could follow suit......

BF4 plot:

Now all we need is someone to make a scrolling text animation that displays that amazingly written synopsis scrolling over this picture:

r

BF4 plot:

...its actually SCARY how accurate that description is. made me laugh :D

BF4 plot:

That sounds like a proper Call of Battlefield plot. Kudos :)

I played through the SP, and I honestly couldn't really tell you what the plot was. socK's description sounds familiar though.

Thanks for the synopsis! Since the game isn't likely to come to Steam... ever, glad to have some idea what I'm (not) missing. :D

Back