Chieftec Dragon, Ultra 500W Modular 39.99 MIR

incredible deal. I'm guessing shipping's an arm and a leg though?
edit: nope, only $16. This deal is worth it just for the PSU.

yeah..and the psu retails for 99 bucks..hehe..great deal..

:D Wife has new Silver box, Brother gets Nice Ultra PS for his to be built Wave master Dale E #3 theme PC. Nice find! Thank you :D

pduan87 said:
What's the probability that tigerdirect honors that rebate?

as much as you can find a 6800ultra extreme at retail price :)

aZn_plyR said:
as much as you can find a 6800ultra extreme at retail price :)

The rebate is through onrebate.com which means you have a very good chance of getting your rebate.

shippings $30 for me. That makes it $70. Still good deal, yeah. But now I start to think about what I ***need*** :rolleyes:
/looks over at all the empty cases and psus layin around

Korialstrasza said:
shippings $30 for me. That makes it $70. Still good deal, yeah. But now I start to think about what I ***need*** :rolleyes:
/looks over at all the empty cases and psus layin around

Wierd. I paid 17 in NY. :D

WOW, I think I just might get this to get my second AMD rig up and running. I needed a PSU anyways and this is a great deal. I can also give it a new home with this case.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1238907&Tab=5

$30 USD Mail In Rebate On Select Ultra Dragon Cases-ULT30964-30966-30970-30968-31044
Valid 2/1/2005 - 3/31/2005.
This rebate MUST be postmarked within 30 days of purchase.
This rebate is in US Dollars.

$30 USD Mail In Rebate On Select Ultra X-Connect Power Supplies-ULT31554-ULT31556-ULT31558-ULT31560-ULT31562-ULT31564-ULT31590-ULT31592
Valid 3/1/2005 - 3/31/2005.
This rebate MUST be postmarked within 30 days of purchase.
This rebate is in US Dollars.

Wasn't this one of those PSU's that was a bit questionable? I vaugely remember reading bad things about their reliability... Please, correct me if I'm off base...

[Edit] Looks like UltimaParadox answered that one. My responces are seriously delayed today (at work, so I type some, get up, and come back to finish later). [/Edit]

Link says that it's no longer available, looks like Tiger caught on :(

makshim said:
EDIT- Not a Cheiftec dragon... A "Ultra" Dragon. Apparently a knockoff, still not a bad deal.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=ULT31556%20KIT&sourceid=00357421086767606138&siteid=0035742108

Looks good to me! If I can ever get that rebate... :eek:
Sort of a knockoff, there's a LOT of cases based on the Chieftec design. The major difference for this one is that it has a glossy coat of paint. I briefly considered getting one, but I decided to spring for a new case soon, a Lian Li PC75b

Damn, I waited too long. I saw it yesterday and was going to order one in a little while.

Shipped :D Should be here tomorrow :D My Newegg Mass order also shipped :D I will be having fun tomorrow night sleaving the box wireing, Etc.... Will PU a new MS XP for 74 bucks at lunch tomorrow, Wifey's gonna be [H]appy! Going from a 500mgz to 3.?mgz Hmm to overclock the wifes new PC? Of course :D

Tazzman

Back