Cherry picked benchmark shows Intel 11'th Gen faster than AMD Ryzen 5000's in regards to storage speeds

Lakados

[H]F Junkie
1614190775280.png

The Samsung 980 Pro's were connected via a riser card to the PCIEx16 to ensure direct CPU access, the OS was Win10, 20H2 running on an Intel 760p allowing the Samsung (filled to 50%) to be tested in isolation.

Intel:
i9-1100K, Asus Z590 ROG Maximus XIII Hero, 32GB DDR4-3200, RTX3090
AMD:
R9 5950x, Asus X570 ROG Rampage VIII, same Ram and GPU as Intel

Cherry picked for sure but Intel is grasping for any performance win's they can get so..... Bravo?

i thought intel didnt like benchmarks now. or do they like them again?

It is bad when they cherry pick a irrelevant bench mark. Still Intel doesn't have that nasty usb bug like AMD!
You mean like the 1366, 2011, and maybe 2011-3 setups have for the Intel platform?

Haven't had any real issues since moving to 2011-3, but 1366 and 2011 had issues with some USB ports just not working at all, requiring a cold reboot to get them to come back up.

This was with multiple motherboards.

Reactions: kac77
like this
You mean like the 1366, 2011, and maybe 2011-3 setups have for the Intel platform?

Haven't had any real issues since moving to 2011-3, but 1366 and 2011 had issues with some USB ports just not working at all, requiring a cold reboot to get them to come back up.

But doesn't stop people overblowing the AMD issues and say "This why I always buy Intel" people.

But doesn't stop people overblowing the AMD issues and say "This why I always buy Intel" people.
It doesn't really matter, fanboys will always buy one and not the other regardless if the bug is serious or completely irrelevant.

It doesn't really matter, fanboys will always buy one and not the other regardless if the bug is serious or completely irrelevant.
I want more AMD laptops, but Lenovo, Dell, and HP don't offer them in any of the units they have priced for Education, so I can't order them :'(. A few of the gaming clubs brought in some in the Dell G5 units though and they are sweet little machines, but they had to pay *shudders retail.

I want more AMD laptops, but Lenovo, Dell, and HP don't offer them in any of the units they have priced for Education, so I can't order them :'(. A few of the gaming clubs brought in some in the Dell G5 units though and they are sweet little machines, but they had to pay *shudders retail.
i noticed that yesterday. dell.ca has a sweet deal on a G5 that i wanted to share but its CAN only. the US site doesn't even give an option to get a ryzen based unit.

Reactions: kac77
like this
i noticed that yesterday. dell.ca has a sweet deal on a G5 that i wanted to share but its CAN only. the US site doesn't even give an option to get a ryzen based unit.
AMD can’t supply them to Dell in large enough quantities to supply a sale in the US. That said this is about the only time I have ever seen an item like for sale in Canada they are almost always shafting us on these things.

This is reminiscent of back when intel was still humping the pentium 4 and AMD was starting to give them a good thrashing. The intel propaganda department was putting in a lot of overtime.
Don't forget about Intel's illegal activities during that time when they were threatening OEMs with price hikes if they sold AMD based systems.

Don't forget about Intel's illegal activities during that time when they were threatening OEMs with price hikes if they sold AMD based systems.
Yeah, so when they lost that they just removed the discounts they were giving to OEM's and charged them the prices for the chips they would have been getting if they were to sell AMD chips. So all they did is stop giving the discount. Which that alone basically paid for the lawsuit, and it has been increasing their profit margins ever since.

Wow I'd totally forgotten about that. Thanks.

I'm mostly remembering when AMD managed to get a transistor size shrink sooner than intel on the K7s. Sound familiar? Ha. Revised althon xp, can't remember the name. Anyway, intel made some propaganda presentation telling everyone how this revision was only a die shrink and would only increase clock speeds, but not performance. I always thought that higher clock speed means higher performance, but hey what do I know. Guess I should have bought that P4.

x79 2400mhz memory bug still never got fixed lol

Did we expect a company’s marketing dept to highlight their unfavorable use cases?

You can always find that 1 benchmark to say my system is better. It's just this time around AMD has 1 x MANY benchmarks saying otherwise.

my last intel 7700k 290 system was virtually flawless when it came to bugs that required reboots. I've had dozens of intel based last a long time. I've since moved on to my 3rd amd based system on ryzen 5k series and other than having to pre-flash bios to accept 5k series, the system has been great. Just wish PBO/overclocking was as good as intel but performance wise, it wrecks intel.

I've used both intel and amd for 25 years now and seldom had issues on either side of the fence. My only complaint is having to deal with petty adolescent fanboi thread crapping and derogatory comments about this or that regardless of whether it's warranted or not. 16 years of that JUST GETS OLD and has never solved anything for anyone. This forums energy would be much better spent compiling data and statistical info geared toward resolving these types of issues rather than attempting to create a pissing contest because they arise sometimes but that appears to be nearly impossible for the spoiled children that frequent this forum.

Intel can join Sony in the hype over their storage performance. They can grasp each other for performance wins.

It is bad when they cherry pick a irrelevant bench mark. Still Intel doesn't have that nasty usb bug like AMD!
USB is a bug!

OT - A little bit of storage performance boost, not bad. If this is the only advantage that the new Intel platform can muster, if your workload is storage dependent, could be a consideration. Like everything else, I'll wait for the [H] review consensus on the reviews before I get too invested in the new product.

Intel will run anything where the higher clock speed can com0ensate for lower PIC or where AVX gimmicks the results oh and gimmick storage like all these fake gimmicks Intel has used from lucid logic to rapid storage.

11900k for 600 bucks is a rip off and shows Intel to be out of touch with reality

Back