• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Chenming GAME PS2 Lookalike Barebone

Boy, thats a copycat of Shuttle in almost every shape and form *literally*

Another company attempting to jump on the SFF bandwagon. So I ask myself these questions about new SFF's

1. How stable and reliable is the PSU during max loads?
2. What is nominal operating tempatures of internal components?
3. How flexible is the BIOS in regards to tweak and overclocking?
4. Is the chassis well made with no visual defects, blemishes. Is it a nice solid fit all around or is it hapazardly designed and put together?
5. What is the companies reputiblity?
6. What is the warranty and terms of conditions of the units warranty
7. How does it compare performance wise to other SFF"s and ATX bretheran?
8. How is the onboard quality and CPU cycle hit when in use?
9. Whats the performance of the onboard NIC?
10. How easy is it to get replaceable parts during warranty period?

These questions and more would be the determing factor of how good a new SFF to the market is. To answer them, I canno't as I've seen or read no information on this unit.
 
Never heard of this specific model before, it looks pretty good for a HTPC.
Chenming has a pretty good Rep for computer cases so it should be fine.

only problem I can see with it is... what mobo manufacturer they use, I don't see any markings and the board is Purple so probably a soltek.
also that PSU looks pretty noname, so well your pretty much drawing straws.

I've never dealt with Newegg so I can't speak for their warrantee, but if they are good with exchanging goods then I say go for it ;)
 
Can I suggest another option; I would look into the Mega series. I have the 865 and I love it. Hi-fi setup with great Lcd screen built in media reader and wireless b connection. The unti looks great too and is incredibly well designed. Comes with remote that has controls included for a tv tuner if you opt to buy it at a later point.
 
Thank you all for the replies. Being that it's NewEgg, I went ahead and ordered it, here's hoping it works. I'll post here and let everyone know.
 
I was going to get four of them, but I couldn't find any reviews, so I chickened out and bought 4 of the biostar IDEQ's. Let us know what you think.
 
Looks pretty cool. I have a chenming case that looks almost like that except it is a minitower....
 
That's funny you say it looks cool. When I made a thread about this case a few months ago, everyone hated its looks. I didn't think it looked all that bad, but I have a ghetto case that's been beat to hell. I've stuck with it for over 3 years... through four different processors and motherboards.
 
Hmm, I have the AMD version of the Mega from MSI and while it has excellent features, it runs waaaay too hot without modding. I'm not sure about the intel model.
 
yeah i just put it together the other day it has been running way too hot... pretty upset and Newegg doesnt want to take it back I'm pissed
 
Back
Top