• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cheetah 15k.7 300GB, Medium Errors?

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
9,778
How many medium errors are considered safe before I need to start looking for replacement?

One drive has 3 medium errors and the other has 5. I mean would hundreds be something to worry about? Or is it real serious?

I know that enterprise hard drives will have medium errors. Its bound to happen especially spinning at 15K RPM 24-7.

This was reported from Adaptec Storage manager using an 5805 with BBU attached.
 
I'd worry if there were hundreds, or if dozens appeared suddenly, but a few on each drive is nothing to worry about.

Dustin
 
Back
Top