ChEEP "MAYBE" Dead XP-M 2400+ Processor

yumyum001

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, just bought this off newegg last week, got it this week, was going to build a computer for a guy, the computer works great, but today when I tried to turn it on, the power supply just turned on for about 5 seconds, and shuts off itself, no matter how many time I tried

So after I took off the heatsink and take a look at it, just found the darker spot on the cpu, but I've never burnt a cpu or anything, so I don't know what it looks like, and don't want risk it by RMA it to Newegg, cause when I called today, they told me it will take about a week for them to do the RMA, which is the time I don't have.....

Anyway, asking for $45 shipped, bought off newegg about $85 shipped

Update: Price are negotiable!!!!

Here is a picture

mcpu.jpg

Why would anyone want to pay $45 for a cpu that obviously has a Burnt spot on it is obviously dead...
??
- Mike

Originally posted by ThePunkerGuy
Why would anyone want to pay $45 for a cpu that obviously has a Burnt spot on it is obviously dead...
??
- Mike

Ill give you $5 for it, and ill pay shipping. Would make a good key chain if you dont want to RMA it.

so that's fried??? what can I tell newegg? because it was recognizing by my mobo and all I tried to do is changing from 100 FSB to 133/166 FSB, which didn't work, and when I tried to change it back again, the computer just started shutting itself off....

Is there anyway I can get a replacement??? cause it's not even running at 133 which it's supposed to..

send it back for an rma and just buy another

ask them instead of another chip to just refund it and youll order another one because you cant wait for an rma.

Originally posted by yumyum001
so that's fried??? what can I tell newegg? because it was recognizing by my mobo and all I tried to do is changing from 100 FSB to 133/166 FSB, which didn't work, and when I tried to change it back again, the computer just started shutting itself off....

Is there anyway I can get a replacement??? cause it's not even running at 133 which it's supposed to..

well if you dont want to wait Ill send you $15 via paypal as soon as you tell me youll take it. info in sig..

Back