Check your Walmart router clearance

HeavensCloud

Oswego, not shitty as Buffalo
Just picked up an Asus RT-AC68R for $49.00 and a Linksys AC2600 (That I don't need) for $69.99.

YMMV of course.

Are these always marked on the shelf? Is there a separate clearance item in your Wal Mart? I've never seen a single one of these deals at my closest three Wal Marts.

Yea the tag was a yellow clearance tag with the price on it. In their regular spot they usually are. My local WalMart doesn't usually have the deals I see on here either, got lucky when I was going to get laundry detergent.

Whoa that is cheap in the ac68!
Be careful though, some of the "clearance" is really open box with missing parts. I saw a AC68 real cheap too, then noticed the sticker on the back, opened it, and it didn't even have the power adapter... da fug!

So I purchased it from TMobile, as their $100 cellspot is the same thing.

^^Yea, will have to be careful. I'm always having to do stuff for the inlaws so might as well put in fast wifi for them times we visit.

Yea the ones I picked up were both in shrink wrap still. There was one without the wrap so I figured it was a return.

Saw a router with three price tags under the $99 one for $79, $69, and $59. Apparently peeling off the stickers on top didn't save me $40.

The ones in shrink wrap are still new in most cases. The ones that are not are most likely returned units from previous customers.

Had it happened a few times from wally world myself.

Yep, I snagged a deal not too long ago on a R700 Nighthawk bundle that included a Chromecast. Reg price was like $199, then reduced to $179 & then $149 and final markdown/yellow tagged to $109...... I got several of them for various family members that were still running really old 54G units :(

Funny thing was that they still had the same models in the regular shelf location without any reductions. I used their scanner to check 1 of each box, and sure enough, the ones on the shelf still came up as $199, but the clearance ones I grabbed from the markdown rack showed $109.... but then I noticed that there was 1 digit difference in the UPC code too, so they apparently overlooked that group of UPC's when they loaded the reductions into the register system.

And I thought I did good getting my RT-AC68R for $79 from Walmart the other month.

My router just crapped out today and decided to hit my local Walmart. Lucked out with a Asus AC1900 sealed for $25.

They had one more,but rang up as the full retail price b/c different sku number.

LOL I have been to walmart twice because of threads like this. i always come back with a sad face. My walmart has all routers locked up lol.

My Walmart has a bunch on clearance but nothing extreme.

Sad face.

FYI, if you're a Sprint or T-Mobile customer, they'll give you a free Asus RT-AC68U Router for the time that you use their service. Well for a $25 deposit that you'll get back when you return the router at least and it will be a "TM-AC1900" router out of the box, but I was able to convert it over to the RT-AC68U relatively easily since it's the identical hardware. Or you can put a handful of other custom firmwares available for it on there as well (DD-WRT, Tomatio, and some other modded version of stock firmeware).

Worth mentioning if you need a new router for cheap and are a T-Mo/Sprint customer.

Back