• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Check Your Borgs Occasionally

SpoogeMonkey

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
2,934
I just had a chance to check out the accounting/scheduling computer at work today. First thing I noticed was clint.cfg, Work folder, fah.exe,etc all sitting on the desktop......wtf?!?!
So I investigate a bit, and look at the config file......"User Name: Annonymous , Team: 0, Large wu's: No ....." you get the idea. So, sometime in the last 2 months, someone who didn't know wtf they were doing, messed with the networked shared fah folder and just pushed "enter" when the config screen came up.
Near as I can tell, I contributed ~8-10,000 points to the Default Aggregate team......damnit damnit damnit!!!! :eek: :mad:
Lesson learned...check on your borgs from time to time to make sure you're not producing points for the wrong team, and educate the computer illiterates who might be making out your work schedule and pay-checks.
 
At least I had the chance to fix it before it went on producing points for "Default" forever.The problem came up because I run em 3 on my work box to monitor all 4. And since the f@h is a shared folder on the network.....mr "computer genius" thought f@h meant finances at home.
Good thing is, my ppd will go up another 150 starting monday :D
 
Finances @ Home..... :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you got it squared away, nothing quite like a borg gone bad to mess up your day. :D
 
Well you might be able to hide the share useing hte $ i cant remember if it goes before or after the share name but it makes it invisable to users. Unless there really really smart and know the direct path.
 
Back
Top