• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Check this out!

bobsaget

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jan 24, 2004
Messages
4,403
I was just messing around with overclocking my 2500+ today. I just bought this chip 02/15/04 (last week), so I was expecting it to be "locked". When I first plugged it into my Asus A7N8X-X and went into the BIOS a few days ago, I saw that I couldn't change the multiplier. I assumed it was locked.

This is the wierd part...

Today, I was messing around in the BIOS (waiting for wednesday when WindowsXP comes in the mail). I opened up the "Advanced Chipset Features". Then I went under "CPU Frequency Multiplier Settings". I change the setting from "auto" to "menu" As soon as I did that, I saw that I could now change the multiplier! Does this mean that I have an unlocked chip? (even though I just bought it a few days ago)

It sounds to good to be true. Is it?
 
no

even if you were able to change to mulit in the bios, it would do nothing unless your chip is really unlocked
 
he he. I just went and tried it and it didn't do anything, just like you said.

I'm new to computer building. And I'm kinda dumb. :\
 
Back
Top