Check out Blizzard's Discrimination of Diablo asian players outside korea!

ktk_ace

Limp Gawd
Long story short:

if u are in asia and not in korea, blizzard's korean server gives extreme low priority to your login aka error 37 :mad:

if you use a VPN to "get" a korea IP , you get near instant login and lag free D3 :eek:

Blizzard is currently trying to cover this up so grab your popcorn and soda while it lasts!

the evidence is in HERE : http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=21400&snA=20567&tnum=20

youtube link here: http://www.youtube.com/v/i5PlqRrp30E

http://tw.battle.net/d3/zh/forum/topic/697950749

found out at runic forums >

Its funny to me now(because i already sold my D3) that BZ wants to cover up the virtual "holocaust" in the local Taiwan forums.

How unethnical can BZ get?

Im buying popcorn and soda, here for the show given the evidence is already out and the forum BZ bootlickers are trying everything they can to try to cover it up.

here are some links for those interested:

Korean server IP revealed
http://tw.battle.net/d3/zh/forum/topic/700341227

someone trying to cover it up:
http://tw.battle.net/d3/zh/forum/topic/697900958

lots of people complaining of 2nd class treatment of players:
http://tw.battle.net/d3/zh/forum/topic/700341207

for those interested in the contents, google chrome translate will do an ok job.

BZ reap what they sow, and I personally will bring this to the international audience regarding this atrocity...

Last edited:
but the other asian countries just pirate the game :p

(I kid, they are supposed to have a valid login)

My only comment on this is from what I understand Korea has far better internet service than most of asia or so Im told. Maybe just a priority given by connectivity? idk I'll still read through the links.

My only comment on this is from what I understand Korea has far better internet service than most of asia or so Im told. Maybe just a priority given by connectivity? idk I'll still read through the links.

This is what I'm wondering.

No offense to you OP but countries around South Korea (with the exception of Japan) are not well known for having stable internet connections plus they might only have infrastructure problems due to local power outs , local Government policies (many Asian Governments are taking cyber cafes and gaming very seriously these days and imposing login curfews).

So why not contact a Blizzard rep and start up a conversation about the issue instead of accepting forum poster opinions on it? Get your own version of the story going and add to the discussion? It wouldn't really make sense for Blizzard to deny you access to since that just wouldn't make business sense. I wanna believe that their is something else causing this problem and if you make a big enough stink that Blizzard will be forced to deal with it.

I take it you live in Taiwan? If so according to this study you should have excellent broadband access (what speed and ping is it? Just curious) :

http://www.budde.com.au/Research/Taiwan-Broadband-Market-Overview-Statistics-and-Forecasts.html

No offense to you OP but countries around South Korea (with the exception of Japan) are not well known for having stable internet connections plus they might only have infrastructure problems due to local power outs , local Government policies (many Asian Governments are taking cyber cafes and gaming very seriously these days and imposing login curfews).

So why not contact a Blizzard rep and start up a conversation about the issue instead of accepting forum poster opinions on it? Get your own version of the story going and add to the discussion?

I take it you live in Taiwan? If so according to this study you should have excellent broadband access (what speed and ping is it? Just curious) :

http://www.budde.com.au/Research/Taiwan-Broadband-Market-Overview-Statistics-and-Forecasts.html

the problem is the korean side is already trying to cover it up while players in taiwan have already collected quite a lot of evidence to prevent that.

the VPN case and said evidence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJUgGprSYB4&feature=youtu.be

Im impressed by your knowledge and also wish to communicate in said manner too :) respect!

Hmm well keep pushing Blizzard about it. Perhaps its a routing issue on their end , it could be entirely innocent with no malcontent on Blizzard's part. Could also be the Korean branch of Blizzard and not Blizzard's main branch here in the states and perhaps they haven't even been alerted to the issue yet. I would give it a few days.

Good luck and hope you get it solved :)

Hmm well keep pushing Blizzard about it. Perhaps its a routing issue on their end , it could be entirely innocent with no malcontent on Blizzard's part. Could also be the Korean branch of Blizzard and not Blizzard's main branch here in the states and perhaps they haven't even been alerted to the issue yet. I would give it a few days.

Good luck and hope you get it solved :)

Thanks, and have a nice day! :D

Based on many of the evidences from the news lately, Korea seems to discriminate everyone else in Asia.

This isn't surprise to me that they limit other countries connection but their own.

Based on many of the evidences from the news lately, Korea seems to discriminate everyone else in Asia.

This isn't surprise to me that they limit other countries connection but their own.

Why assume this is any doing of "Korea's" rather than the company providing the hosting (Blizzard)?

Why assume this is any doing of "Korea's" rather than the company providing the hosting (Blizzard)?

They are the main host for Asia server? Pretty obvious right there..

Especially when you can connect without a problem through Korea's VPN but not native IP, its pretty clear to me they are on something.

They are the main host for Asia server? Pretty obvious right there..

Especially when you can connect without a problem through Korea's VPN but not native IP, its pretty clear to me they are on something.

You're missing the point. I very much doubt that the main host for asia is run by the government of Korea or is dictated by state policies. Korea's views on neighbouring countries is likely irrelevant. It's run by a private company. Blizzard.

I was basically asking a rhetorical question in the hopes you'd examine your own thinking, or lack thereof, instead of calling you dense.

The korean bases BZ asian server throttles Only Taiwan IPs fyi.

The evodence gathereing has been done and will be posted shortky to show BZ's wrongdoings to customers in taiwan in the news on monday in Taiwan.

China IPs are auto throttled because the were never part of BZ's customer group and never will officially. Blame their govenments policies.

BZ lets racial discrimination run rampant in asia , shouldnt someone bigger step in and stop it?

If virtual racial genocide is what they want, then f U BZ. F U.

How can he know it's not some Taiwanese ISP throttling the ports that D3 uses?

Because Blizzard totally knows your race by where your IP originates.

How can he know it's not some Taiwanese ISP throttling the ports that D3 uses?

If they didn't throttle BT, why in the world they would do that?

That sounds like a pretty stupid question that you just ask.

The korean bases BZ asian server throttles Only Taiwan IPs fyi.

The evodence gathereing has been done and will be posted shortky to show BZ's wrongdoings to customers in taiwan in the news on monday in Taiwan.

China IPs are auto throttled because the were never part of BZ's customer group and never will officially. Blame their govenments policies.

BZ lets racial discrimination run rampant in asia , shouldnt someone bigger step in and stop it?

If virtual racial genocide is what they want, then f U BZ. F U.

Your argument is weak and fallacious.

Just curious what makes this a racial thing so specifically?

Im just wondering because isn't most of Blizzard canadian/american?

What would they care for koreans over taiwanese or what have you?

I'm not disagreeing I'm just curious as to what evidence there is that it's a racial thing?

I'm in Singapore and the problem I had was with the initial download, never mind actually playing the game. In the end I grabbed a torrent of the install disk, downloaded it to a seedbox and rsync'd it to my local machine all in less time than the installer took to advance 2%. With/without p2p, port forwarding, that auto-detect thing, none of it made any difference.
When I did play it, I realised half way through I was still connected to a US vpn, so there were no problems logging in... I haven't actually tried connecting locally.

Just curious what makes this a racial thing so specifically?

I wonder what race koreans are and what race taiwanese are...

I believe they all equally look down on southeast asians, but are koreans the most elitist of the east asians?

Do you really think blizzard whom probably makes more money off of Chinese gold farmers in WOW than any other single group of players from any country except maybe the USA is going to discriminate against those and other countries? The OP comes to the most far fetched conclusions and it is pretty much dillusional to me. I can propose a bunch of ideas that are far more likely than that.

Whatever is going on here probably has more to do with the servers being in Korea or something and Korean ISPs doing something funny.

I know that in Tribes Ascend very similar issues with High lag were reported from Asia. It sounds like Asians might just have international connection issues. Whatever the case was lots of people were complaining, seemes like Koreans and Japanese players were having the best luck.

Don't forget one possibility could be a country causing problems within itself. IE China is known to monitor internet traffic more than most countries and also be very protectionist. They could just be trying to curb dollars that would goto a US company instead of home grown game companies. Would not be the first or last time China did something fishy to try to limit the success of foriegn competition.

Also could be Koreans discriminating against Chinese or other ISPs. Could be for a variety of reasons not the least of which is that some of the biggest botnets and DOS attacks come out of China and this causes tremendous problems for ISPs world wide, different countries will deal with this in different ways. Could even be that Korean routers auto detected a surge in activity and started auto blocking it.

Whatever the case is, I am sure it will work itself out and I am 99% sure it is not blizzard purposely discriminating.

I wonder what race koreans are and what race taiwanese are...

I believe they all equally look down on southeast asians, but are koreans the most elitist of the east asians?

Rofl rice on rice racism is not uncommon. People just don't talk about it openly...especially to foreigners.

I don't think it's discrimination, I just think their handling of the server requirements worldwide has been piss-poor. It's not like they had no idea it would be a popular game.

Rofl rice on rice racism is not uncommon. People just don't talk about it openly...especially to foreigners.

This! I have spent a great deal of time in SW Asia. Japanese, Taiwanese, Korean, Chinese and Malasians hate eachother but will all jump on the hate mobile when it comes to their lower level counter parts in the third world countries that surround them. I think the OP is really reaching on this one though. I have been to many of the surrounding countrys and while it is depressing that they get subjigated in that manner I dont see their fellow countrymen diving to do the patriotic thing to help elivate their own country. You want to see some funny shit listen to a Japanese man bitch about the Chinese or vice versa. I bet you cant tell which is which lol

So why not contact a Blizzard rep and start up a conversation about the issue instead of accepting forum poster opinions on it? Get your own version of the story going and add to the discussion? It wouldn't really make sense for Blizzard to deny you access to since that just wouldn't make business sense. I wanna believe that their is something else causing this problem and if you make a big enough stink that Blizzard will be forced to deal with it.

its not just the stable internet connections.. china for example requires the server to be in china and only available to china.. most companies don't want to deal with the censorship bs in china so they just put them on the bottom of the list for server access.

also the secondary problem with S. korea is that yes they have the best internet connections in asia, but thats only within south korea. incoming and out going connections are back to the shitty speeds all the other countries have which means they give priority to SK connections before anyone else.

Don't forget one possibility could be a country causing problems within itself. IE China is known to monitor internet traffic more than most countries and also be very protectionist. They could just be trying to curb dollars that would goto a US company instead of home grown game companies. Would not be the first or last time China did something fishy to try to limit the success of foriegn competition.

That sounds so outlandish... yet it very well has a high likelyhood of being true. With China, anything like that is possible. I wonder if a lot of asian countries go through China to connect to S Korea.

That sounds so outlandish... yet it very well has a high likelyhood of being true. With China, anything like that is possible. I wonder if a lot of asian countries go through China to connect to S Korea.

all of them do.. china is the primary hub for all asian connections south or east of china(middle east/india have their own routing to the EU/US). japan to EU goes through china, SK to EU goes through china, australia can be routed through china, japan, to the US/EU depending on the load for either pipe though usually australia goes through NZ or japan to LA or seattle when connecting to US based servers.

actually forget this let me find the picture that has all the primary routing paths, lol..

here it is..
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Technology/Pix/pictures/2008/02/01/SeaCableHi.jpg

They all hate each other for some reasons that I can't really understand.

But one thing that I do find it funny is that recently Korean seems to claim a lot of things as originated from them.... :p
Then foreign country starting to get piss due to some cultural aspect, like China....

Back