cheating online. 360 live vs. pc

cajun47

Limp Gawd
cheating on online pc fps is more common than people who don't cheat. wall hacks are the most common and very hard to detect. the anti cheat programs are cracked with in days. shortly after the graw 2 pc demo came out i have seen cheaters using wall hacks and cheats that allow one to run and shoot perfectly. "well can you prove it, you just suck maybe" this is the cheaters best weapon. also these servers with admins policing the server are the worst. the admins have the wall hacks. cheaters ban together on message boards and flame people like me to make everyone think cheating is not a big problem. watch, they will be here shortly.

there are many websites dedicated to online cheating. thats a fact.

my question is how common is cheating on 360 live?

the same cajun who posts on gamefaqs? (or did?) anyway that's irrelevant. i personally think online cheating is a minority in most games but is indeed annoying.

Actually, I've always thought that "everybody cheats" is the best weapon for people that suck.

thats exactly wtf a cheater would say.

You've created a self-fulfilling prophecy here.

1) You say cheaters are more prevalent than legitimate players. This is a ridiculous claim.

2) Then you go on to say that a lot of people are going to call you a idiot (you brought it on yourself), and if they do, they must be cheaters themselves (not really).

Are there cheaters in online PC FPS games? Sure, I see one every couple of weeks in Counter-Strike. They aren't hard to spot if you know what you're looking for.

To answer your question, cheating is almost non-existent in console games due to the nature of the platform. I think the best thing for you to do is to go play console games for a while. Then when you still get your ass kicked you might realize that rather than calling "HAX!" every thirty seconds you really just need to work on improving your skill level.

You've created a self-fulfilling prophecy here.

1) You say cheaters are more prevalent than legitimate players. This is a ridiculous claim.

2) Then you go on to say that a lot of people are going to call you a idiot (you brought it on yourself), and if they do, they must be cheaters themselves (not really).

Are there cheaters in online PC FPS games? Sure, I see one every couple of weeks in Counter-Strike. They aren't hard to spot if you know what you're looking for.

To answer your question, cheating is almost non-existent in console games due to the nature of the platform. I think the best thing for you to do is to go play console games for a while. Then when you still get your ass kicked you might realize that rather than calling "HAX!" every thirty seconds you really just need to work on improving your skill level.

lol, exactly what i expected.

To answer your question, cheating is almost non-existent in console games due to the nature of the platform

Bascially the closest you can get to cheating on a consol is game glitches which tip the scales to your favor. But alas any one can do it if they know how to..

Stop replying to his post, he is just looking for other people to agree with him, rather than looking back and realizing that hes playing against others that have mastered game mechanics, i see it all the time in counter-strike

^^^^ agreed. i used to play cal-m in CS:S and then when i would go pubbing with my now ex-clan, we would get accused by a few people for hacking. meh *shrugs* maybe if you play the game for like 4 years, people who are just starting to play it will accuse you of hacking too? if not, i'm sure hardforum will still be here for you to post and complain on.:)

Cheating is not that common, saying that the majority of players cheat is ludicrous.

I used to play Day of Defeat (the good one, not Source). I've gotten up to cal-m, and playing on pubs was always a pain. I'd get kicked, banned, or harrassed within minutes for being good. I don't think so many people cheat as the crappy skill-less players like to think. It's mostly an excuse for them to compensate for their lack of skill.

As far as the 360 goes, you'll find idiots using exploits, although the nice thing about such an online-enabled system is that these exploits get eventually patched as they're uncovered.

cajun it sounds to me like you believe most people cheat because you suck. that's the vibe I'm getting from your responses. Also you think that people can cheat on xbox live. Well for one if it's even possible then the person would need a modded xbox that won't get caught on live, then they also need to have some guy who also has a modded xbox program a hack, and also make it available to other people. I guess there's a minute possibility, but you can almost guarantee the only way to cheat on Live is by using glitches that haven't been patched.

I see more 'exploting' than I do balls-to-the-wall cheating. It's still cheating, in a sense, I suppose, but I don't see either all that often.

I don't play CS, my crack is BF2, and the worst thing I've caught people doing is crawling into walls completely, or positioning themselves so that most of them disappears. It's really annoying when they do it at spawns, but never goes on long enough to be a game ruiner.

To say that everyone cheats because they are better than you?

Well, maybe you do suck. Hell, I do, which is why it doesn't matter if I think someones cheating or not, chances are they'd have killed me anyway :D

Edit: as far as cheating on Xbox Live, well, only until whatever it is in the game that allows you that unfair advantage is fixed. Exception: Halo 2. Halo 2 will never be fixed, and superbouncers are why I stopped playing.

To answer your question, cheating is almost non-existent in console games due to the nature of the platform

Incorrect, online cheating exists on the console platform. For the 360 at least

When I was younger I used to think that a lot of people cheated in PC games, especially Counter-Strike. But once I realized that these people were actually good at the game and not cheating, I started to practice and got decent at the game myself. Soon enough people were calling me the haxor instead of the other way around

If you think that a majority of players on PCs cheat at games, then you really can't be helped. After playing Counter-Strike and CS:S for years I've only run into a handful of definite wall hackers, or aimbots, and once you see a REAL cheater, and not some skilled player just getting amazing kills, you realize how easy they are to pick up. And after playing UT, UT2k3 and 2k4 for years, I've only seen a handful of botters and radars in my time. And actually, most of those happen in the Atari Official Deathmatch demo server that doesnt run any kind of protection against hacks, plus nobody cares about those servers. ;D

Wait... what was the question?

Play it a lot and very rarely come across cheaters

please tell me where you play :D , i am decent at counter strike and there are a lot of obvious wall hackers and aim botters that i come across, they are just an annoyance and you just have to deal with the accordingly.

There are at least 50 or so sites that produce and even sell hacks for online PC games. I'll not post any of them here of course. Along with Punkbuster and pbBans there are some community groups that monitor servers and help try to rid the games of low life cheaters. One group is www.rulesofcombat.net . There are others but these guys are very serious about what they do. So maybe the OP isn't very good at the game he plays....big deal. He is accurate that new hacks are developed every week for various games. Players use them because they obviously suck at the game and need major help just to be competitive OR...they think everyone else is using them and they have to use them just to keep up with everyone else.

The more hackers playing live games the better, means less playing with me lol. you wont catch me playing any live games.

Are people that bad they need a hack to beat a player with a controller while they have a vastly superior mouse. :eek: that would be like a monkey trying to open a banana with a rock its overkill.

There are at least 50 or so sites that produce and even sell hacks for online PC games. I'll not post any of them here of course. Along with Punkbuster and pbBans there are some community groups that monitor servers and help try to rid the games of low life cheaters. One group is www.rulesofcombat.net . There are others but these guys are very serious about what they do. So maybe the OP isn't very good at the game he plays....big deal. He is accurate that new hacks are developed every week for various games. Players use them because they obviously suck at the game and need major help just to be competitive OR...they think everyone else is using them and they have to use them just to keep up with everyone else.

It's usually pretty blatant though, because the losers that use them don't have he self control to be subtle.

thats exactly wtf a cheater would say.

Have you left yourself open to the possibility that a different non-cheater would find a games difficulty unrelated to cheating?

If you come into a game, especially one that is long standing, like CS or CS:S or Halo... where serious addicts and unbelievable pros play... what would you expect to happen? ... this isn't pong, and frankly its more complex than chess on many occasions. On any new title, expect the same addicts and veterans who can time shots, explosions, long distance aim, shoot for the torso and head, and who can shoot well while running and looking for exploits like hiding behind obstacles and just being overall "ninja".

There is one big constant in all games... people get better, and people get better than you.

You don't seem to be leaving the option that someone could disagree with you and not be a cheater... how is this asking for honest feedback?

I'll give you a really good example... I just got into the Quake Wars beta, and I'm noticing that I score at the top all the time... I know I'm not "ninja" but I've been an FPS player since Quake / Doom and the mechanics transfer... and you adjust a little and improvise.

ATM I'm mastering what I call the "noob cannon" ... my Strogg Obliterator plasma missile launcher ... barely anyone else uses it, and I really hate the teamkills, but I push on, as should you... eventually I expect to learn the proper arcs and positions and timing... using my radar more frequently, going prone, leaning around corners and such... eventually anyone can become "ninja".

Give it time, and dont keep at same tactics if you know you're failing. Shit if using your sniper rifle isnt working, grab a goddamn pistol and run at the lot of them. (just not the same guy in the same position repeatedly)

Yea, it's gotten to the point where I can't even pub in CS anymore, People just say "wow nice walls" "nice bunnyhop script kid" and "nice aimbot" and just generally called a cheater and kicked/banned it seems like its just a defense mechanism. There are people that are just plain better than you, accept it.

Well sadly with the number of paid services feeding updates to cheaters it is a fact there are more cheaters than ever but to say that most or even a large percentage cheats is silly and would need some serious figures to back it up.

The fact is the longer a game is out the better people get and the more hacks that are available for those that are not. The one good thing is, at least in my experience, hackers tend be even worse then the average noob. So even with hacks they are generally very beatable. Its actually sad how poorly most hackers play even with hacks.:p

That said stick to servers that run PB, VAT, etc and have active admins that have brains or better yet play on servers run by well known competitive clans, then at least you will know that when you get owned they were clean.:D

Cajun, you refuse to consider the obvious possibility that you suck at gaming. I guess that makes me a cheater.

Iits people like this that are in the majority of the online fps communities that make it impossible for me to play without being harassed within 5 minutes of joining a game.

Stick to servers where there are admins around that you get along with. They'll get used to you, and vouch for both your consistency in skill, and ability to lose. Then when new people come in and call you a cheater for winning all the time, you can just tell them to stfu because the admins have your back.

If cheaters do arrive, they get booted. Played long enough on a few servers for the hosting clans to give remote access so I could kick them myself. After about 7-8 years of playing CS, I've seen maybe 15-20 cheaters. There may be more these days, but for the most part, the VAST majority of "cheaters" I've seen were just good players getting falsely accused because their opponents aren't even on a level where they can comprehend that it's possible to accomplish the same play level without cheating. Many don't even comprehend that footsteps make noise. Even more don't comprehend that you can estimate enemy locations across the map with just kill notifications and route prediction(This is middle-school math. If you have a start point, and a vector, you can find the end point by plugging in the time lapsed, this applies to any game.)

Im gonna get flamed but ima have to agree with cajun to an extent. my bro OWNS ASS at CS:S he can get a head shot every time with the awp and i mean every time and i see ppl that will either just take like 5 head shots to kill or will kill him through a brick wall its not as common as cajun is making it out to be but there are plenty of cheaters out there. Me I only call hacker if I know for a fact that there cheating

i like to see FPS teams play in LAN tournaments. Thats when you get to see the great players in real life and see how crazy some people can be at these games without cheating.

cheating is being addressed to a point but will never be excluded from online game play, we are always playing catch up after each cheat is released,,

the Master Ban List is growing and those who continue to cheat, some game developers are actually shutting down accounts..

indian-1.jpg

Bascially the closest you can get to cheating on a consol is game glitches which tip the scales to your favor. But alas any one can do it if they know how to..

BS i stopped playing halo 2 back in the day when i was level 46 cuz unless you organized the game online with friends and two teams of 4 people to go in at once... you had a 20% chance of a legit game... usually your team would just spawn in a stack while a hacker with auto aim and a BR that shoots tank rounds at 999 shots per second kills you with his no reload/infinite ammo

it sucked.

360 cheating is non-existent though...

In all my time playing PC games, I've seen a total of ten hackers at most. Maybe 3 in BF2, and 5 or so in CS:S.

And I've played with/against thousands of people that were clean - so I would say that in fact, there are more cheaters than clean players.

Cajun is still a silly boy but you need look a little harder. Hell, when I was running a BF2 clan we busted more 3 that just trying to join. Particularly after the first year, as subscription services became more widely known I saw a lot more folks using aimbots, wall hacks etc. It was still a small minority but not nearly as rare as you claim. I truly wish it was that rare.

Personally, I wish game companies saw this professional hack service sites as a threat to their product. If EA sued a couple of these out fits, it might clean it up a bit.

Incorrect, online cheating exists on the console platform. For the 360 at least

100% false.

Nobody is installing wall-hacks and aimbots on the 360. The only thing players can do is exploit features in a game to enhance balance. This isn't cheating but simply 'out-smarting' your opponent.

100% false.

Nobody is installing wall-hacks and aimbots on the 360. The only thing players can do is exploit features in a game to enhance balance. This isn't cheating but simply 'out-smarting' your opponent.

You know, a cheater can be defined as some one who uses a 3rd party app. and or uses uncommon game exploits that the makers never intended on to gain an unfair upper hand.

So some one who exploits a games mechanics can be a cheater.:D :p

Meh what do I care anyway, I'm a PC gamer.:cool:

Back