• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cheapest X79 board for E5-2670?

tehkr

n00b
Joined
Aug 4, 2013
Messages
12
Maybe it's the fact they are really old now but I'm trying to find a board to support the Intel E5-2670 (8 core cpu not the V3 one) and it seem the cheapest boards are at least $200 any cheaper options to pickup?
 
following
Looking at same thing but boards are crazy priced. I saw a couple for $179 but still seems kind of high. For that price i'd want a dual cpu mobo to add another one later on
 
following
Looking at same thing but boards are crazy priced. I saw a couple for $179 but still seems kind of high. For that price i'd want a dual cpu mobo to add another one later on
wanted to get a dell workstation board but doesn't fit in any case known to man :/
 
You wont find dual x79 boards for that cheap i would think... at least not dual socket for 2011....not yet..

They are still too new really in the grand scheme of things, considering Socket 1366 boards can still go from $50 to $200...
 
yeah there just are not many motherboards out there and a ton of old Xeon CPUs that still perform extremely well.


I am sitting on 3 x79 CPUs with no home :(
 
because of the cheap xeons prices of x79 mobos went through the roof, i mean stupid high, but if you're lucky you can get a p9x79 for $120-$140
 
I just found out about the super cheap E52670's today and snatched up a Dell T5610 motherboard off of eBay for $150...
t5610 motherboard | eBay

It is a weird shape though. I'm guessing that the I/O stuff is going to stick out the back of the case. No biggie. I've got a ton of old cases laying around that I can mod to make it work.

I was checking out a few supermicro boards but they are $322-473. Still not terrible I guess considering you'll have 16 cores for about $450-600 not including RAM and heatsinks.

The cheapest one at $322 is even a normal ATX form factor (not E-ATX) but it only has x8 slots.
Supermicro X9DRL-iF Server Motherboard - Intel C606 Chipset - Socket R LGA-2011 - Bulk Pack - Newegg.com

SUPERMICRO MBD-X9DR3-F-O SSI EEB Server Motherboard Dual LGA 2011 DDR3 1600 - Newegg.com

SUPERMICRO MBD-X9DAi-O Extended ATX Server Motherboard Dual LGA 2011 DDR3 1866/1600/1333/1066/800 - Newegg.com


My $0.02

BP
 
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top