Cheapest Win7?

edward78

Limp Gawd
XP is being a pain, so instead of messing with XP. I am just gonna get Win7, I have seen a upgrade on amazon for $75ish, but I read they changed the upgrade proccess where you have to have XP on your system every tome you reinstall & that just seems dumb. The first time I install 7 Xp will ofcourse be on there, but after that each reinstall needs xp on the system, no thanks. So a full version would be better.

Also- If you have multiple computers, look at the 3-Pack

It's still a good deal, but it used to be better ($100)

The instructions with mine say if you have XP to just do a clean install. I ended up calling in to get mine to activate (tip- don't enter the code in during install, wait until after install to activate)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
...I read they changed the upgrade proccess where you have to have XP on your system every tome you reinstall & that just seems dumb. The first time I install 7 Xp will ofcourse be on there, but after that each reinstall needs xp on the system, no thanks. So a full version would be better.

Once you have Windows 7 installed and updated fully, after running Windows Update, why not just make an image? Windows 7 actually comes with a program to create a backup/image of your system, and then if you have to ever re-install you can just use that.

Back