Cheapest way to upgrade my macbook to 2gb

!!!

When I bought that ram for my Macbook (and then my Macbook Pro) it was $120 a stick.

Good luck finding a better deal :eek:

I saw some kingston laptop ddr2 on slickdeals yesterday for $40 after rebate but thats once in a blue moon type of stuff.

:eek: DUDE JUST GET IT!!!! I have G.Skill in my desktop and that stuff is awesome. I got it back when a stick cost me $45 with shipping (1gb stick of DDR3200), I haven't found it for that cheap since.

I there are a few guys here that use it in their macbooks. Remember, this doesnt have to be "Mac" specific memory. They are running off Intel hardware now so pretty much everything should be compatible. Yes, they can be picky about the ram you use but I believ that Corsair, Kingston and G.Skill are all approved Apple memory brands.

I just bought some g.skill memory

Where does it say it is a apple approved brand?

Just asking because i was going to save my old memory just in case I had any issues with my macbook and I had to send it to apple

I've been running 2 gigs of this in my MacBook for about a year now and I've had no problems. I ran memtest on it for a while when I first got it just to make sure and it passed with flying colors. At the time it was the best deal I could find, from a reputable etailer anyways. newegg is the shiznit.

Just asking because i was going to save my old memory just in case I had any issues with my macbook and I had to send it to apple

No matter what RAM you put in your computer, if it's not "Apple" branded memory, they'll probably blame the RAM. That being said, if you take it to a 3rd party Apple service center, they're not going to be as picky. I know the techs where I work aren't.

ive been using it for over a year now....works fine on my macbook...i believe i bough mine for $79 a stick...that deal right now is smoking!:D i would jump all over it

Damn, I bought that ram a little over a month ago for $80. It works great in my MBP though!

ORDER TIME: Thu Apr 12 2007 11:04:32 P.M. PT

ORDER CONTENT:
1 x (90063) Corsair VSA2GSDSKIT667D2 2GB Kit Value Select Apple/Mac DDR2 667MHz SODIMM Memory Retail ***Free Shipping*** @ $130.00

------------------------------
SUBTOTAL : $130.00
SALESTAX : $.00
SHIPPING : $1.99
TOTAL : $131.99

Waiting on it to come in for my mac mini.... Off zipzoomlfy and cheaper then newegg... I love newegg but some times zip has same things cheaper with free shipping or dirt cheap.

$130 is not cheaper than newegg. I bought 2 x 1 gb stick for $115 after shipping.

ORDER TIME: Thu Apr 12 2007 11:04:32 P.M. PT

ORDER CONTENT:
1 x (90063) Corsair VSA2GSDSKIT667D2 2GB Kit Value Select Apple/Mac DDR2 667MHz SODIMM Memory Retail ***Free Shipping*** @ $130.00

------------------------------
SUBTOTAL : $130.00
SALESTAX : $.00
SHIPPING : $1.99
TOTAL : $131.99

Waiting on it to come in for my mac mini.... Off zipzoomlfy and cheaper then newegg... I love newegg but some times zip has same things cheaper with free shipping or dirt cheap.

???? Newegg was 54.99 each plus 3.99 s+h (i think) so that would make them 58.99 each with shipping. Total of ~$118.00 < $131.99......LOL

So reading this... are you guys saying that you can just slap in DDR 400 memory desktop type memory into macbooks?

If apple upgrades the ram from 1 gig to 2 gigs for me then it's something like $157.

Can I purchase a gig or two of desktop ram and just snap it in alright?

No, you must use mobile ram.
Link
That is a link to laptop memory, just make sure you are getting something that is the same as your just more. Like I believe macbooks use 667 ram, so you must use that, correct me if I am wrong please.

So reading this... are you guys saying that you can just slap in DDR 400 memory desktop type memory into macbooks?

If apple upgrades the ram from 1 gig to 2 gigs for me then it's something like $157.

Can I purchase a gig or two of desktop ram and just snap it in alright?

No. . .you cannot put desktop RAM into a MacBook. MacBooks take industry-standard DDR2 667 SO-DIMMs @ PC2 5300. Many companies make memory of this specification. Many people have used the G.Skill memory referenced in the OPs first message without any problem. I have 2GB of Kingston ValueRAM in my MacBook and it's been flawless.

wow that corsair is a killer deal. i already bought the gskill though, and its working great so far.

Back