Cheapest way to interface 2 cherry switch buttons to the computer?

Andrew_e1

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello,

I'm building a small video kiosk for a friend and it needs 2 buttons outside for forward and backward.

I wanted to use 2 simple arcade style buttons. What would be the quickest and cheapest way to connect them to the computer?

Most interfaces out there are for arcade cabinets and are designed for 30+ buttons... I don't need that much. I also want to avoid hacking up a keyboard just for this...

Any ideas?

can be usb or ps/2

Thanks

How bought a mouse, take the board out leave it connected to USB add the kind of buttons
you want that lead to the input have have the software change the setting of each key too do
as you want. A real cheap wired mouse you could probably do this for $5-10 bucks.

In fact, depending on the way you do the kiosk you may not even need to take the mouse apart
and still keep it hidden.

How bought a mouse, take the board out leave it connected to USB add the kind of buttons
you want that lead to the input have have the software change the setting of each key too do
as you want. A real cheap wired mouse you could probably do this for $5-10 bucks.

In fact, depending on the way you do the kiosk you may not even need to take the mouse apart
and still keep it hidden.

Yeah I think thats what i'm gonna end up doing.....I just wanted a solderless solution :p

Thanks for your reply!

You shouldn't have to solder anything with that solution, at least not the way its envisioned in my head.

Ive used USB gamepads and just solder the points on. Ive built a few arcade sticks/machines in my time :)

Back