Cheapest useable 4K tv

narsbars

2[H]4U
At work I use a 40 inch 4K tv and of course zero gaming. The size and the definition and color are great for my lousy eyesight.
I can't afford a couple grand for a great 4K monitor at home but could be happy to hit 40 FPS. Anyone have any experience with a 4K tv that would pass, and what is the lowest end Vid Card to use? I am running a 4690K, 32 gig, 1TB SSD, and a 980 if that info helps.

sony 900e !~

i had the older sonys and just upgraded bc i got a deal last month and i am really liking it
bc the software , the stability , the way it flows and sync well with my pc

i dont have that issue where i walk away from pc , the monitor disconnects like i used to with my older sonys anymore
it somehow detects pc monitor in this newer software update and

of course the screen is bigger, but i found that moving it back really makes it basically the same as a 43 incher, if you move it back just six inches and give syou more desk space, but the main thing is that

most review say that the viewing angles are bad, but , i sit so close i dont see that , sony s local dimming make the screen brightiness pretty uniform and so it feels more high quality and of course when i want to actually use it for watching movies, it would be second to none.

i got for a grand, but i could easy say that was probably the best decision i made all year and the vivo xtreme stand that goes with it bc it fits it just correct height !

Last edited:
I'm using a Samsung 40" 4K TV as a monitor. Overall, it's nice, and a real steal at the price.

Amazon has it for just under $350 right now:
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-UN40MU6300-40-Inch-Ultra/dp/B06XGVQYQZ/

If you want to game, you may need a new GPU. Some older games can run at 4K w/ a 980 (I originally was using a 970 on this TV, with older/indie games). Ideally, though, if you want to play new AAA games, you may want a 1080 Ti (if you can find one).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
At work I use a 40 inch 4K tv and of course zero gaming. The size and the definition and color are great for my lousy eyesight.
I can't afford a couple grand for a great 4K monitor at home but could be happy to hit 40 FPS. Anyone have any experience with a 4K tv that would pass, and what is the lowest end Vid Card to use? I am running a 4690K, 32 gig, 1TB SSD, and a 980 if that info helps.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55...dynamic-range-roku-tv/5878705.p?skuId=5878705

I have one of these hooked up to a small gaming PC in my kids play room. This TV has excellent input lag/picture for the price. I would say its king of budget 4k HDR TVs.

Back