Cheapest ssd for media server?

mrkazador

Limp Gawd
Need a cheap ssd for Windows 7 install, 30gb is perfectly fine as my current install is only using 15gb. What do you guys suggest?

Need a cheap ssd for Windows 7 install, 30gb is perfectly fine as my current install is only using 15gb. What do you guys suggest?

Look in the FS section. You can find a lot of good deals on the SSD's in there. Otherwise I like Adata, Intel, Corsair, and Samsung (best for last).

A windows 7 install alone may be close to 30GB after updates and drivers and whatever else.

The server has Windows 7 32bit with latest updates and is using 15gb. Its probably more like 13GB with the programs I have installed and some large files.

My desktop pc is using 20gb for Win7 64bit, this also includes program and files.

you did say "cheap"

However, I have a 60GB Agility 2 in my kitchen computer and haven't had any issues for almost 2 years.
Most folks on the forum recommend against OCZ. I certainly wouldn't use one in a critical application.

A 64GB Crucial M4 is $75 and it comes with peace of mind.

60GB Intel 330 is $70 at Amazon.

+ on "peace of mind" that Macker mentioned. No use scrimping a few bucks for this alone.

Back