Cheapest plan for "call forwarding"

Trepidati0n

[H]F Junkie
I have a personal smart phone. However, I also have a work smart phone which has no limitations on it. Therefore, why should I keep my personal phone? A big reason of course is "what happens if i no longer have access to that work phone". If I have links to that number for login reasons, I am sort of screwed.

1. What is the best place to get a plan that can forward calls and get a reasonable amount of texts per month (< 200) for the least amount of money. I'm looking for something less than $20/month.

2. Is there some "virtual phone system" that allows me to keep a number and forward calls/texts to another phone. If need be, I can put that number back to a physical phone?

I've done some searching but nothing feels right so far.

2: Google voice. Should (in theory) be able to port your personal number to it so you can keep that and then forward everything to the work phone. There's no cost assuming this is in the .us somewhere (you never said)

Yup, Google Voice is free, and sounds like exactly what you want. (As long as you don't mind Google using the anonymized audio from your voicemail to improve their transcription and translation services.)

Back