Cheapest place for Office 03?

tgabe213

2[H]4U
I was able to get 5 licenses of Office 2003 (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook, etc) for $79 through school on a website for colleges in the state. They've since removed 2003, just as I wanted to buy, and listed 2007 for $89, 1 license. My class next semester is taught using Office 2003. How much different is 2007? I've used 2003 for a while now, and just want to know how much everything is changed between the two, or of a cheap place to get 2003 still.

Thanks

Edit:

Also, I did have a version of office 2003, but I ended up losing my license to it when reformatting my HD. Is there a phone number I can call to speak with MS about this? I'm not sure where the disc's are anymore, but it is obvious, if they can see it, that I haven't used my licensed copy of 2003 in a long time now.

I don't know if they can recover your lost license for you. Maybe if you registered your software?

2007 and 2003 look very different, but they create documents more or less the same. 2007 gets rid of the drop-down menu, and replaces it with a large tabbed toolbar. Once you get used to 2007, it's really not that different to use.

Another option you may want to consider is OpenOffice. It will resemble older versions of Microsoft Office, so it should be easy to pick up. Anyhow, it's free, so you can always try it and then spend money on something else later.
http://openoffice.org

I don't know if they can recover your lost license for you. Maybe if you registered your software?

2007 and 2003 look very different, but they create documents more or less the same. 2007 gets rid of the drop-down menu, and replaces it with a large tabbed toolbar. Once you get used to 2007, it's really not that different to use.

Another option you may want to consider is OpenOffice. It will resemble older versions of Microsoft Office, so it should be easy to pick up. Anyhow, it's free, so you can always try it and then spend money on something else later.
http://openoffice.org

I'm not a fan of OpenOffice. That's what I'm using right now. I think I don't like it because my comptuer is old and slow to begin with. I'll try it on the new laptop that is coming soon.

Back